Creates a wind shield around Zephyr, redirecting all incoming projectiles.
|Duration:10 / 12 / 15 / 20 s|
|Range:3 / 4 / 5 / 6 m|
- Zephyr surrounds herself in turbulent winds that alter the trajectory of incoming bullets and projectiles, creating a wind shield with a 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 meter radius.
- The shield is spherical and reliably deflects any and all visible projectiles with noticeable flight times (e.g., Deras, Plasma Rifles, Ogris, and Pyrotechnic Ogris), even if fired from within the shield and even if Zephyr is not the target. As these types of projectiles are deflected, their damage (disregarding area damage) is effectively negated.
- On the other hand, hitscan bullets (from weapons that fire instant shots with no flight time, such as assault rifles, snipers and the likes) behave differently than their projectile counterparts. They too get deflected but in a highly unreliable way as follows:
- Probably a bug, deflected bullets tend to snap to predefined angles around the enemy, creating static "trails" that subsequent bullets will follow as well. If Zephyr moves into one of these trails, she will get hurt. Managing to avoid them will technically grant complete immunity, even though this is only realistically feasible in tightly controlled environments. They seem to form more evidently if the enemy is firing from a longer range than their weapons are targeted at. Bullets that don't follow trails will appear to be fired at random wide angles.
- The shield follows Zephyr for the ability's duration.
- Duration is affected by Ability Duration.
- Ability Strength does not seem to have any impact on this ability's unaugmented effects. However, it does have effects which are both noticeable and quantifiable if Zephyr has the Jet Stream Warframe Augment mod equipped.
- Shield radius is affected by Ability Range.
- It is important to keep a Ability Range value above the -50% mark (around 3 meters radius). Any lower and Zephyr will start taking damage even from projectile bullets with flight time, more notably fast-travelling ones, as the physics engine allows bullets to pierce the shield for some distance before being redirected.
- Ability Range does not seem to have any effect on how hitscan bullets are being deflected, no matter the distance of the firing enemy. This behavior has changed multiple times before (see below). Projectiles with flight time instead look like they simply bounce off the sphere.
- Turbulence protects Zephyr from incoming projectiles but does not make Zephyr immune to all forms of damage or crowd control. While Turbulence is active, Zephyr is vulnerable to:
- Status Effects, staggers, and knockdowns.
- Area-of-effect attacks and explosions (e.g., Shockwave MOA attacks, Ogris rocket explosions, Ignis area damage, and Seismic Shockwaves).
- The homing effect of Bombard rockets will cause them to turn around and follow a player given adequate room to maneuver following deflection. Placing an obstacle or enemy in between you and the missile will cause it to detonate on said obstruction. Currently, this deals knockdown but not damage to enemies (unknown if bug).
- Melee attacks (non-projectiles).
- Cannot be recast while active and has a recast delay of 1.5 seconds.
- In Conclaves, Turbulence can shield against projectile abilities like Shuriken and thrown melee weapons such as the Glaive and Kestrel.
- Turbulence has been tweaked and modified in its behavior multiple times since Zephyr's introduction, causing much confusion in the community. The day-one implementation of Turbulence presented "holes" all around in which any bullet, hitscan or not, could pass through and hit the player. More recent iterations involved not one but two radii of effect, the smaller one exclusive to projectile weapons and a bigger one that acted as an aura that would cause a simple accuracy debuff on hitscan-geared enemies within it. Because of that, at high levels, enemy AI could compensate for the redirecting effect of Turbulence, making it useless for deflecting hit-scan weaponry at such levels. As of hotfix 17.9.1 (time of testing of the information presented in this article) this seems to be no more the case. On the other hand, the weird and difficult-to-research phenomenon of the "trails" above discussed has survived since the very introduction of Zephyr.
- Main article: Jet Stream
|Rank||Movement Speed||Projectile Speed||Cost|
Maximization is a form of specialization: mods may be blended to result in values that vary between the top-end limits listed here. Click any maximized link to learn how to build it.
- Maximized Ability Duration increases duration to 61.2 seconds.
- Reduces range to 2.04 meters.
- Maximized Ability Efficiency reduces cost to 18.75 energy.
- Reduces duration to 8 seconds.
- Maximized Ability Range increases range to 16.8 meters.
- Has no negative effects on this ability.
- Maximized Ability Strength has no positive effects on this ability.
- Increases cost to 116.25 energy.
- Reduces duration to 14.5 seconds.