|Ability 1||Smoke Screen|
|Ability 2||Slash Dash|
|Mod Drops||Steel Fiber |
Tyl Regor is the final boss of the Uranus system. He can be found on the mission Titania. After defeating him and finishing the mission, you receive either Ash Helmet, Ash Chassis or Ash Systems blueprint. Upon death, Tyl Regor has a chance of dropping Gallium.
Appearance and AbilitiesEdit
Tyl Regor only uses melee abilities. Tyl runs extremely fast and can easily catch up to a player. While his slashes require charge-up like other melee-based Grineer, he can hit upwards of 100 damage per hit. He can use Smoke Screen to become invisible, a highly damaging Slash Dash ability and a Stompwave attack to knock down players. His personal shield, while relatively weak, recharges nearly instantly, possibly within a second after damage ceases.
Tyl Regor, like many bosses has unique taunts. Here is a list of them:
- You shall suffer as we have, (player name).
- We should accessorize your suit with some holes... bullet holes.
- You realize we haven't celebrated halloween in a millenia, right?
- I will reduce (clan name) to ashes!
- Your little dress-up party ends here, (clan name).
- You have violated the dress code on this ship. Failure to comply is punishable by death.
- Grineer dominance is inevitable.
- What do you get when you take the "Warfra" out of "Warframe"? That's right, me!
As with all bosses, it is best to deal with the other minions in the room before taking on the boss. Tyl Regor is a melee only boss so if you keep moving while picking off his henchmen you can avoid him.
Once all his minions are dead you can focus on the boss. He will only use melee attacks and will sometimes execute a slash dash if the player is too far away. He runs at about the same speed as most frames while sprinting, so you can stay ahead of him to let your shields recover. There are a few different approaches one can use:
- Going full-on melee is not recommended unless you have a durable frame like Rhino or Frost. Using a melee weapon with stagger, stun or knockdown effects can greatly improve your chances.
- Run ahead of him in a long corridor (sliding occasionally while sprinting will help if you use a slower frame). Turn around to shoot him and be wary of the signs that he is about to perform his slash dash so you can avoid it. As soon as he gets near to you, run the other way (do a roll to get past him and avoid getting hit or just sprint past him) and repeat until he is defeated.
- Since he lacks ranged attacks, immobilizing him also works well. Rhino Stomp and Vauban's Bastille and Vortex affect him. Frost's Snow Globe (which might not be a good idea as it forces players to be in close vicinity of the boss), and Nova's Molecular Prime will slow him. He is also affected by the knockdown of melee jump attacks and the ragdoll of the Kestrel. All these can be used to temporarily prevent him from attacking while you can deal damage without risk.
- He can be glitched under or next to stairs where he will run into the wall to reach the player if the player is above him. He can then easily be taken out without any risk.
- With a high DPS weapon, he can be killed quickly before he can even get to you.
- Knocking him into one of the nearby pits (with an ability such as Soul Punch) will instantly kill him, with his drops safely spawning on solid ground nearby.
- It used to be possible to exploit his reliance on melee by climbing onto boxes and containers where he can't reach you and just shoot him with ease. As of Update 6, this is not very effective as Tyl Regor now has a shockwave attack that can knock you off ledges, crates, etc.
- Another exploit is to have Loki on your team and have him cast his decoy on top of a box, Tyl Regor will then attack the decoy but will be unable to hit it even using his shockwave attack. Then just have everyone shoot at him until he dies. If decoy disappears recast on top of the box and repeat.
- Another exploit is to push him up against a wall or into a corner and slash at him repeatedly until he finally dies.
- Also, a max-rank World on Fire can completely stunlock Tyl Regor for its duration. Just activate, stand in front of him and he'll get stunned at every damage tick, completely immobilizing him. With concentrated fire, he can be downed in two activations of WoF, never being able to retaliate. This is also true for any moderately fast weapon with a Fire damage mod installed.
- As well, using a Mag's Bullet Attractor on Tyl Regor with many other Grineer close by will cause the swarms of Grineer to kill Tyl Regor in a matter of seconds with their own bullets.
- Finally with a Vauban you can throw a Vortex at him and he will die if you shoot him a few times while he is in the vortex. Normally takes about 10 seconds.
- When meeting Tyl Regor on an assassination alert on the asteroid mining base, he will sometimes refuse to leave the platform he spawns on, making it easy to snipe him without being able to retaliate.
- Another exploit is to use the kogake's charge attack to defeat him instantly by knocking him into a pit. Be careful because the resources/mods may fall in with him.
- Seems to be easily chain-staggered by fast melee weapons (tested with dual zoren).
- Vauban's Bastille holds him in air making him unable to retaliate, allowing for an easy kill.
- Tyl Regor is the lead researcher in Grineer gene repair. He was targeted for assassination to stop his research from undoing the Grineer's genetic deterioration.
- One of his taunts during combat is "We should accessorize your suit with some holes. Bullet holes." Ironically, he uses a sword.
- He seems to be somewhat interested in fashion, considering some of his dialogue during the mission.
- Strangely, like Captain Vor, he is renamed Grineer Electroprod if encountered in an alert mission.
- The mask on his helmet appears to be upside down.
- Although on the lobby screen, where normal skin is shown under his mask, in battle his exposed skin seems to glow.
- Prior to Update 8, Tyl Regor was found on the Grineer Asteroid Base like the other Grineer bosses. As of Update 8, he is now found on the new Grineer Galleon tileset.
- Tyl Regor only seems to use his Slash Dash once at the start of the fight.
- At the start of the mission Lotus will say that he is armed with the best in Grineer weaponry, oddly he uses a Skana and light armor.
- One of his taunts during combat is "You realize we haven't celebrated halloween in a millenia, right?" Ironically, his head, like some of the basic Grineer troops, was replaced by a carved pumpkin during Halloween.
|Grineer||Captain Vor • Councilor Vay Hek • General Sargas Ruk • Kela De Thaym • Lieutenant Lech Kril • Tyl Regor|
|Corpus||Ambulas • Jackal • Sgt. Nef Anyo • Hyena • Raptor • Alad V|
|Infested||J3-Golem • Phorid • Lephantis|