The Tysis is an Infested sidearm that fires corrosive bolts, which are capable of wearing down heavy armor easily.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 120||Blueprints Price: 30,000|
This weapon deals Corrosive damage.
- Highest base status chance of any secondary weapon.
- With the right combination of mods, the Tysis can be modded to have a 100% status chance, guaranteeing a proc with every shot.
- Innate Corrosive Damage makes the Tysis very effective against Grineer as well as Fossilized Infested.
- Pinpoint accuracy.
- This weapon's projectiles are not affected by gravity.
- Innate Corrosive Damage deals less damage to Proto Shields.
- Needles fired from this weapon have a travel time, requiring the user to lead their shots.
- Relatively low fire rate.
- Fairly low damage.
- Physical damage mods (such as Razor Shot) will have no effect on the Tysis.
- See Category:Tysis Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Tysis Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- Tysis needles retain their course after piercing their first target, possibly penetrating multiple targets without losing accuracy.
- Tysis needles will be invisible if energy color is Black, making target leading harder as you can't estimate travel speed and deviation.
- A status chance of 182.50% may be obtained by combining Stunning Speed, Sure Shot, Jolt, Pistol Pestilence, Scorch, and Frostbite. However, there is no benefit to a status chance above 100%.
- With its high status chance, the Tysis may be used as a softening weapon against Grineer. Corrosive effects stack, allowing another weapon to easily deliver the killing blow.
- Adding Blast damage makes this weapon ideal for tackling Infested Ancients, as Fossilized enemies take more damage from both elements.
- The Tysis' needles may stretch targets if they are already pinned to the wall by another weapon's projectile (like the Boltor).
- This is the second Infested weapon available on the Market. The first was the Mire.
- The Tysis is the first Infested sidearm to be non-clan exclusive.
- The Tysis may derive its name from the suffix "-ptysis", which typically refers to spitting out substances (e.g. Hemoptysis would refer to spitting blood).
- The head of the Tysis vaguely resembles the head of a Goblin shark.