Updates are occasional patches and add-ons or removal of information and/or features of a game.
The following updates are for WARFRAME Version 23:
|The Sacrifice 23.0: U23.0 • H23.0.1 • H23.0.2 • H126.96.36.199 • H23.0.3 • H23.0.4 • H23.0.5 • H23.0.6 • H23.0.7 • H23.0.8|
|Updates Collapse AllExpand All|
|Closed Beta||Open Beta: 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20 - 21 - 22 - 23|
July 9th, 2018 Forum Post
- Minor Optimizations
- Made minor optimizations to Carrier's Looter precept.
- Made optimizations to Djinn's Fatal Attraction precept.
- Fixed a performance issue with multiple Sentinel attack Precepts.
- Optimized the Sacrifice precept.
- Optimized Helios's Detect Vulnerability Precept.
- Optimized performance of GPU particles in various cases.
- Fixed using Transference while entering a teleport volume resulting in the screen turning fully black/white.
- Fixed Vazarin Protective Dash healing being removed when using Umbra and Transferring back to your Warframe.
- Fixed Transferring from a downed Operator to your Warframe in Submersible Archwing resulting in the camera breaking.
- Fixed using a Warframe with an Exalted Melee weapon (Excalibur, Wukong or Valkyr), certain actions will lead to a weird "in-between" state, where your Exalted Melee Stance incorporates moves from your currently equipped melee weapon.
- Fixed issues with Fishing hitboxes not always matching their model.
- Fixed an issue with the Day 950 Login Tribute... but did not fix Login 3.0 but hopefully we can talk more about that later this summer, stay tuned!
- Fixed Umbra Courtyard Captura Scene lacking help text.
- Fixed issues where Zephyr could get stuck in bad animations.
- Fixed an issue where trading an MR locked item could lock the screen.
- Fixed the D-Pad not working on the Daily Tribute screen
- Fixed various crashes and game freezes.
- Fixed a frequent crash on systems running Sandy Bridge graphics.
- Fixed various incorrect translations.
- Fixed an issue with Clients seeing violent shakes in the Jordas Golem boss fight.
- Fixed an issue with your Operator doing an 'AC Slater' on the chair in the Orbiter.
- Fixed an issue with the Prisma Skana having incorrect properties.
June 28th, 2018 Forum Post
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PLS GIB DE ENERGY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つChanges:
- Optimized HUD performance slightly for several mission types.
- Tweaked unicode filtering for private channels so you can play in English but still chat in Swedish with your Clan!
- Fixed crash that could occur if you died right while Ivara was drawing back an Arrow.
- Fixed crash that could happen when someone affected by Harrow's Warding Thurible Augment died.
- Fixed being cloaked by Ivara’s Empowered Quiver potentially resulting in a status proc by AoE procs.
- Fixed Energy Conversion not increasing the Critical damage increase of Ivara’s Empowered Quiver
- Fixed being able to skip the Granmu Prism cooldown by switching to and from a Scanner.
- Fixed purchasing a Relic Pack from Teshin resulting in the cursor to remain on screen upon closing the Offerings menu.
- The Sacrifice Quest Related Fixes
- Fixed Transferring back to Umbra resulting in falling through the floor sometimes
- Further adjustments to the Umbra Operator Earrings appearing unattached.
- Improved speed of camera during memory sequences when using a controller.
June 27th, 2018 Forum Post
TennoCon is just over 9 days away, and here we are giving you some trinkets to play with while you patiently wait for what will be the next biggest day in Warframe’s history. Something to note, is that this Hotfix does not include The Sacrifice quest replayability. It will be done, but most likely after TennoCon, as all human hands are working on making the TennoLive dream a reality.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PLS GIB DE ENERGY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
- NEW WARFRAME AUGMENTS (Maxed Rank)
Nidus - Ravenous - Insatiable:
Nidus gains a 60.0% chance of generating an additional Mutation stack whenever he gains one, while standing in the Ravenous infestation.
Harrow - Thurible - Warding Thurible:
Allies in range take 40% less damage while channeling Thurible and grant 0.5 additional Energy charge whenever damaged.
Octavia - Mallet - Partitioned Mallet (Community voted Augment!):
Allows for two simultaneous Mallets, each with 50% reduced range.
Ivara - Quiver - Empowered Quiver:
Dashwire grants allies 100% Critical Damage. Cloak arrow has a 100% chance to prevent Status Effects.
Visit the respective Syndicate Offerings for these new Warframe Augments!
- UI Improvements & Fixes
- Fixed a case where the Owned checkmark on the UI wouldn't be visible, even if you owned 1+ of the item.
- Fixed the red circle UI in Hive missions not accurately reflecting Hive search area around current Hive.
- Fixed hovering over a Syndicate Sigil does not show the +% gain.
- Controller Improvements & Fixes
- Fixed pressing Y on controller to use Cinematic Mode in Captura not functioning.
- Fixed controller Chat hotkey (LT) not functioning as the Operator in the Orbiter.
- Fixed the controller button to reset Captura settings to default not functioning.
- Increase Fissure enemy spawn rate for Fissure Sabotage missions.
- Adjust offset for the Zaikhya Syandana on Titania to try and reduce clipping with her wings.
- Fixed temporal AA jitter being applied on 'post UI' map lines and the like causing severe sub-pixel jitter.
- Fixed Exalted melee Abilities causing Clients to hold their melee and primary/secondary weapons in hand if the *Ability is terminated while still pulling the weapon out (e.g. Onslaught Conduits, out of bounds areas, etc).
- Fixed enabling ‘Look at Character’ in Captura while playing through Advanced Camera positions will cause the camera to shake.
- Fixed the Pandero Secondary Fire Codex/Arsenal description saying ‘Charged Shot’ when it is actually a ‘Burst Shot’.
- Fixed Somachord playing music while viewing some intro quest cinematics.
- Fixed Equinox’s cloth appearing as gray patches while in the Star Chart.
- Fixed bad Bow clipping on Warframe Articulas.
- Fixed Warframe Articulas displaying weapons that are meant to be hidden on holster.
- Fixed the Oblivia Prime Syandana sitting too high up on Loki Prime.
- Fixed Fang Prime and Dual Ether having the incorrect Mastery Rank requirement.
- Fixed ability to cast Saryn’s Spore when your Energy is between 1 and 24 in Conclave.
- The Sacrifice Quest Related Changes & Fixes
- Fixed The Sacrifice quest progression stopper if you didn’t have a melee weapon equipped in the ‘Pursuing Umbra’ phase.
- Fixed Octavia’s Mallet causing a progression stopping issue in The Sacrifice as reported here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/968577-sacrifice-mission-not-progressing-beyond-second-umbra-transferrence-mission/
- Fixed the Dax Portrait not snapping properly to walls like a good portrait should.
- Fixed some of Umbra’s attachments appearing to float away from his body.
- Fixed the Umbra Operator Hooded Scarf not working with Transference FX.
- Fixed the new Umbra Operator Earrings showing the loop hanging below the earlobe instead of through them.
- Fixed wonky clipping with Sugratras and the Umbra Nikana.
- Fixed not being able to purchase the Excalibur Umbra Glyph.
June 22nd, 2018 Forum Post
- UI Improvements & Fixes
- Fixed the UI overlapping when switching from a Warframe without an Exalted weapon to one with an Exalted weapon.
- Fixed numerous weapons using the wrong Icon in the Inventory
- Skana Prime Icon is known and will be fixed.
- Controller Improvements & Fixes
- Controller DPad navigation will always be enabled for Chat when its expanded.
- Fixed the pause Menu not closing when Menu is already open with the controller.
- Fixed a crash when attempting to move the text cursor vertically through a multi-line text box (MOTD for example).
- Fixed odd multi-line text navigation with up/down arrows for empty lines.
- Improved the Rift Walker Prime Sigil to be more metallic. This is the start of our Art team going through previous Prime Sigils to give them the same metallic treatment by request!
- Updated the Vitruvian Glyph bundle store icon to better display the Glyphs.
- Orokin Cells pickups will now appear in the pop-up notification similar to Argon Crystals.
- Making progress on investigating Megan's soul crushing issue of not receiving Relic rewards. *So far it is looking like an internal account issue, but we'll update you as more information turns up.
- Fixed new players who picked Excalibur not receiving his Exalted Blade in the Arsenal, making it unModdable. Affected players will now see the intended Exalted Blade Arsenal slot.
- Fixed the Pyrana Prime auto-switching to another weapon when the magazine empties.
- Fixed casting Khora's Strangledome on a large group of enemies resulting in the VFX disappearing shortly after.
- Fixed the Dax Syandana not being Giftable.
- Fixed the Dax Syandana clipping through numerous Warframes
- Titania clipping is known and will be fixed.
- Fixed lights at the top of the Dax Syandana not applying Energy colors.
- Fixed Nekros Prime having a ‘None’ Skin option.
- Fixed the Zarr Towsun Skin not properly apply to the "dangles" on the front of the weapon.
- Fixed inability to Chat link the Towsun Weapon Skins for the Quartakk and Stubba.
- Fixed an issue with the Hystrix not being able to switch fire modes during reload if all bullets are emptied out of the clip.
- Fixed multi-line text navigation with up/down arrows for empty lines.
- Fixed a rare crash.
- Fixed a slow memory leak that would lead to a script failure if you left the Navigation console up for 13 hours.
- Fixed Rift Walker Prime Sigil flickering in the Arsenal.
- The Sacrifice Quest Related Fixes
- Fixed the Iliac Syandana not playing nicely with Umbra’s scarf.
- Toned down eyebrow animations after you return to the Orbiter after the first memory sequence cinematic.
June 20th, 2018 Forum Post
- TOWSUN COLLECTION II
Plains living is tough living, Tenno, especially in the sweltering summer. Channel the Ostron spirit of resilience with the Towsun Collection II!
This collection includes:
- Quartakk Towsun Skin
- Stubba Towsun Skin
- Maggor Towsun Armor
- Maggor Towsun Syandana
Visit the Market to get this scorching-hot Collection for 180 Platinum now!
- VITRUVIAN GLYPH PACK
Enjoyed The Sacrifice? Share your appreciation with the world with these Vitruvian Glyphs!
- ASHWAT GLYPH
- VANVA GLYPH
- KULAM GLYPH
- NILA GLYPH
- SAMAT GLYPH
Each Glyph is available individually for 20 Platinum or as a bundle for 80 Platinum in the Market!
- UI Improvements & Fixes
- Added a toggle for showing ‘Item labels’ on Inventory items in the Interface Options!
- Item Labels Toggled Off (hover for name/info):
- Item Labels Toggled On:
- Added a "DEFAULT" sort option in the Syndicate Offerings screen. This sorts the Offerings alongside their partners (Warframe Augments, Syndicate Weapons, Captura Scenes, etc).
- Increased opacity of Mission Voting UI panel to help readability on certain UI Themes.
- Flipped Blueprint Icons so that Affinity Icon is on the top right.
- ‘REUSABLE BLUEPRINT’ label is now displayed on appropriate Recipes.
- Replaced the ‘OWNED’ text on UI Themes with a cleaner checkmark Icon.
- Replaced the tiny ‘1’ Icon in the Syndicate Offerings screen to also be a cleaner checkmark Icon.
- Fixed trading partner’s Arcane Rank Icons not displaying on the trading UI screen.
- Fixed Arsenal UI displaying incorrect Exalted weapon after selecting ‘Randomize’.
- Fixed inability to confirm error prompt when the connection to the Host has been lost.
- Fixed some Syndicate weapon Icons using their original variant as opposed to the Syndicate version.
- Fixed camera being set incorrectly when viewing the Mods screen in the Dojo.
- Fixed ‘help text’ such as in the Tutorial and Vor's Prize being visible from the back side.
- Fixed a long game hang when pressing the ‘Invite Friend’ button.
- Fixed overlapping UI when selecting a new Captura Scene while in Captura settings.
- Fixed Destreza Prime missing its Icon.
- Controller Improvements & Fixes
- Removed ability to use the controller DPad in the Arsenal to hover over the current Warframe Abilities since selecting them does nothing.
- Fixed inability to select/equip any Mods until exiting the Upgrade screen upon dismissing the error prompt for Mods also equipped on a Sentinel Weapon.
- Fixed controller DPad not functioning in Controller Bindings option and long binding names are now truncated and display the full name in a tooltip.
- Fixed pressing the Upgrade quick button with the controller can result in a different weapon to be selected on the Upgrade screen.
- Fixed Gear items being skipped over when using the controller DPad to select Gear items in the Arsenal.
- Fixed inability to select the ‘Default Colors’ option when using the controller DPad.
- Fixed having 2 visible cursors on the Advanced Plains Map when using a controller.
- Fixed accessing the Plains Advanced Map with a controller and then switching to Mouse/Keyboard resulting in non-functional buttons on screen.
- Tweaked the Oblivia Prime Syandana offset to be proportionately equal on numerous Warframes. *The Market and Arsenal icons have also been changed for the Oblivia Prime Syandana to properly reflect the adjustments.
- Replaced the Bounty Level 40-60 Relic with a Axi O3. This fixes Bounty Level 40-60 Rotation B having the same Lith V5 Relic as Level 10-30.
- Optimized Framerate slightly in Defection missions.
- Removed unobtainable Plains of Eidolon Lore Fragments in the Codex.
- Specters can no longer trigger Operator Virtuos Arcanes.
- Fixed all ‘on damage’ Arcanes not triggering upon taking damage.
- Fixed Artax not functioning with Growing Power.
- Fixed Pyrana Primes ethereal buff being permanent by Transferring to the Operator while the ethereal Pyrana buff runs out.
- Fixed the Lith T2 Relic having 2 Braton Prime Blueprints as a reward (1 common and 1 uncommon). We replaced the common reward with the Valkyr Prime Blueprint.
- Fixed crash when taking an F6 screenshot after returning from Captura and on a loading screen en route to another mission.
- Fixed Mesa Regulator upgrades being applied twice for Clients.
- Fixed a Void Shockplate that was doing no damage or knockdown.
- Fixed script error when trying to convert Shards when you have no Shards in your Inventory.
- Fixed a typo in an Ordis transmission.
- The Sacrifice Quest Related Changes & Fixes
- Removed ability to put Sacrificial Mods on Archwing Melee weapons.
- Fixed Umbra triggering Operator Virtuos Arcanes.
- Fixed Umbral set bonus not functioning after a Host Migration.
- Fixed receiving Umbra after failing the ‘Confront Umbra’ mission, which resulted in many issues with progressing in the quest.
- Fixed obtaining Umbra too early if you change your Arsenal loadout right before equipping him.
- Fixed Clients Transferring into Umbra killing their forward momentum.
- Fixed floating symbols in Orokin Cipher puzzle being invisible if your Warframe is cloaked.
June 19th, 2018 Forum Post - Limbo Prime
Limbo Prime, Destreza Prime, and Pyrana Prime have arrived - like magic!
The Rifts are opening and a Cataclysm is about to begin. Wield the wily Void magician, bend the power of the Void to your will, and outwit your enemies.
Limbo Prime, Destreza Prime, and Pyrana Prime Relics have replaced all locations of Zephyr Prime, Tiberon Prime, and Kronen Prime Relics:
- Plains Bounties
- Sanctuary Onslaught
- Elite Sanctuary Onslaught (Radiant)
- Added in the Orokin Derelict Defense mix
- Added in the Orokin Derelict Survival mix
- And the list goes on! Check out the public PC drop tables here.
- *Zephyr Prime, Tiberon Prime, and Kronen Prime Relics are also still out in the wild, just not in exclusive spots like Bounties or Onslaught.
Check out Limbo Prime Access here: https://www.warframe.com/prime-access
- Nekros Prime, Galatine Prime, and Tigris Prime have entered the Vault!
With this Vaulting comes the shift of the follow Syndicate sacrifices:
- Replaced Arbiters of Hexis sacrifice of Nekros Prime Neuroptics to Mirage Prime Systems.
- Replaced Cephalon Suda sacrifice of Nekros Prime Chassis to Oberon Prime Chassis.
- Replaced Steel Meridian sacrifice of Nekros Prime Neuroptics to Zephyr Prime Chassis.
- Replaced Steel Meridian sacrifice of Galatine Prime Blade to Sybaris Prime Stock.
If you already wield the power of these Primes or have their Relics in your Inventory, they will remain after the Vaulting.
- UI Improvements & Fixes
- Improved visibility of Arcane Rank indication icons due to large white text field on the Trading screen.
- Fixed hovering over certain Mods in the Syndicate Offerings screen not displaying their description correctly.
- Fixed a case where you couldn't confirm item selection in a variable selection case (picking *Fish for Personal Quarters Aquariums).
- Fixed Equinox Background having the wrong UI Icon when selecting it in the UI Customization screen.
- Fixed Upgrade screen for some Exalted weapons (Exalted Blade, Artemis Bow, etc) showing the name of the weapon in mixed case instead of all CAPS.
- Changed the Market Platinum price of the Dax Nikana Skin to 35 platinum (was 225). This price change also affects The Sacrifice Collection which is now 400 Plat (was 550).
- We are running a script that will refund overspent Platinum to the respective accounts. We will update this thread when the script is done and relog is required!
- Changed the player marker to now attach to the body part that you were looking at, so it can be used to mark a specific Teralyst weak point, for instance. Also improved the behaviour when attempting to mark an enemy that was close to your marked world position.
- Specters will now attempt to fight/fire their weapons even when cloak.
- Removed the Defence Cryopod from the Grineer Shipyard Interception tileset.
- Fixed the return of the perpetual loading screen when a Host Migration in Onslaught occurred.
- Fixed a Void Rift not appearing for Clients in Lua Spy tilesets.
- Fixed Eximus Grineer that drop the Kuva Catalyst also dropping a fake Mod item instead of Life Support.
- Fixed not enough enemies spawning if the mission switches to Exterminate after the Rescue Target is captured.
- Fixed ‘Kill X Dargyn with a Bow’ Riven Challenge not functioning for Dargyns that spawn pilotless in the Plains.
- Fixed Excalibur missing his Radial Blind sound when doing slide attack with Exalted Blade.
- Fixed water not causing continuous ripples as you walked through it. Game literally playable again.
- Fixed enemies not taking damage from bullets and other tracing damage sources after rising from a ragdoll state.
- Fixed ‘Hey Kiddo’ lingering in your ship.
- Fixed Glyph icons appearing stretched when viewing in Vendor screens (Baro).
- Fixed Synthesis Target missing their blue VFX glow indication.
- Fixed a random Grineer enemy spawning in the Silver Grove Shrine.
- Fixed incorrect fly-in cinematic in The New Strange quest.
- Fixed spawning inside a geometry collision in a specific Onslaught.
- Fixed broken parkour activated button not functioning in the Advanced Movement tutorial.
- Fixed Angstrum not having any shooting sounds.
- Fixed a script error when selecting an enemy in the Simulacrum screen.
- Fixed a script error for numerous Warframe Abilities.
- Fixed a script error when using Transference.
- The Sacrifice Quest Related Changes & Fixes
We have more Umbra/quest fixes queued up for our next Hotfix/Update. Thanks for your patience!
- Upon dying, sentience Umbra will now become stand-still instead of forcing Transference. This also fixes returning to Umbra from Operator resulting in death.
- Removed Umbra triggering unintended Operator Virtuous Fury. Virtuous Fury only grants a chance at increased damage after inflicting a Status Effect with an Operator Amp, and should not apply to Umbra.
- Removed the Prime Passive of Energy pulse on Orokin Void Death Orb applying to Umbra as he is not considered a Prime.
- Fixed inability to apply Umbra Agile/Noble Animations to Warframes other than Umbra.
- Fixed Operator Magus Nourish not restoring Health over time to Umbra while Transference is active.
- Tweaked Umbra’s Radial Howl animation to have a very similar cast time and FX to Excalibur’s Radial Blind.
- Tweaked positioning of Orokin Symbols and area markers to help players find the markings closest to the Orokin Cipher first.
- Removed 2 second delay between ‘Destroying Vines’ and the door Defense stage starting for better pacing.
- Fixed Clients teleporting to Umbra's position instead of the other way around when Transferring back into their Warframe.
- Fixed the Spritsail Prime Leg Armor's attachment point embedding into Umbra's leg.
- Fixed having a perpetual Helminth Cyst on sentience Umbra.
June 15th,2018 Forum Post
- Fixed not being able to sell Inventory items if the value is 1 and not being able to stack more than 20 items.
- Fixed some UI alignment issues.
- The Sacrifice Quest Fixes
- Polished audio in The Sacrifice memory phases.
- Improved some subtitle timing in The Sacrifice.
June 15th, 2018 Forum Post
- Updated the new Glowing Sentient Core Decoration description to clarify that it is a Decoration for your Landing Craft.
- Using ‘mouse button 3’ in the Simulacrum will now auto add 5 enemies to the spawn list.
- Fixed the game crashing a few seconds post-launcher.
- Fixed Sniper combo not decaying over time and instead resetting to zero.
- Fixed Naramon Power Spike not decaying combo over time and instead resetting.
- Fixed Rollers not being affected by Limbo's Cataclysm (or Stasis) if they are already within the zone when its cast.
- Fixed Euphona Primes bullet spread not being based on the crosshair as a center point.
- Fixed Gifting a UI Theme resulting in it being instantly auto-equipped.
- Fixed Baro’s Vendor screen not displaying your Ducat inventory amount.
- Fixed Pets attempting to use Pet Beds while you're in the process of placing them.
- Fixed screenshot folders with 10009 images in them resulting in new screenshots going in your install folder instead.
- Fixed entering your Arsenal with Excalibur’s Exalted Blade active causing no Mods to appear in the Modding UI.
- Fixed clicking a locked Exilus Slot and canceling the purchase prompt locking the UI on the “Please Wait” screen.
- Fixed Mirage’s Hall of Mirrors clones not displaying any of your equipped weapons.
- Fixed missing UI click sound in some menus when using the Legacy sound option.
- Fixes towards the Extractor selection screen overlapping the Squad menu UI and tooltip when hovering over Extractors.
- Fixed Boosters not displaying in Baro’s inventory if it’s available as an offering.
- Fixed max enemy cap not being enforced in the Simulacrum.
- Fixed icon missing for the Prisma Grakata.
- Fixed Energy colour element not appearing when you change your Energy colour on an Excalibur equipped with the Chromatic Blade Augment.
- Fixed UI displaying double Set Mod bonuses when equipped on a regular and Exalted weapon. Set Mods only affect regular Melee weapons.
- Fixed script crash caused by pressing Config B for a Melee weapon equipped with a Riven while experiencing the previous listed bug.
- Fixed a crash when respawning in Wyrmius.
- Fixed a script error when using Transference.
- Fixed a script error if mission gets cleared while countdown is in progress.
- Fixes towards a Modding UI script error.
- Fixed script error in squad overlay when voting is disabled.
- Fixed script error when customizing your Archwing’s energy color while a Warframe with an Exalted Weapon is equipped.
- Fixed script error when pressing mouse button 3 in the Simulacrum.
- Fixed various Syandanas clipping through Titania’s wings.
- Fixed incorrect icons displaying for the Push/Pull option in Decoration mode when using the controller.
- Fixed being able to equip UI themes you do not own.
- Fixed Channeled finishers with Zaws not activating Dispatch Overdrive or Exodia Brave.
- Fixed an unreleased Stance Mod finding its way into the Codex (nothing to see here).
- The Sacrifice Quest Fixes
- Fixed new Umbra Operator Cosmetics (Umbra Blindfold, Earpiece, Hooded Scarf, and Diadem) missing cloth animation.
- Fixed the Skiajata not taking on Custom colors in the final cut scene in the Sacrifice.
- Fixed being unable to re-equip Umbra after The Sacrifice quest if you unequipped him.
- Fixed Umbra’s Skiajata’s muffled audio persisting after chaining Stealth finishers.
- Fixed the Courtyard Scene’s teleport volumes in The Sacrifice not resetting the player.
- Fixed Isaah’s lip sync timing.
- Fixes towards transmission playing twice in the 3rd hospital memory scene.
- Fixed not transferring back to your Warframe when Umbra dies while you are in Operator Void Mode.
- Fixed Client’s autonomous Umbra surviving Host migration.
- Tweaked Ordis’ in/out transmission sounds for dialog flow.
- Fixed autonomous Umbra in Dojo Duels using Conclave loadout.
June 15th, 2018 Forum Post
- Fixed a progression stopper in The War Within quest where an elevator was inaccessible yet crucial to proceed.
- Fixed loss of functionality if you attempted to customize Gear items or Emotes by pressing Enter or A on controller after hovering over it in the Arsenal.
- Fixed not being able to close the Decoration Placement Key Bindings screen.
- Fixed a progression stopper where the end quest cutscene would not trigger.
- Fixed a progression stopper in the Arsenal when swapping around Umbra.
- Fixed edge case progression stopper where Sentient Mimics could hold open a locking door for a player, letting them get locked on the wrong side.
- Fixed missing jump action for Umbra to get down from ledges.
June 15th, 2018 Forum Post - The Sacrifice
Well Tenno, it’s here… and we can’t thank you enough.
Who would have thought that we’d be launching our third cinematic quest. With the ambitious goal of telling Warframe’s story in a way we had never done before, The Second Dream started it all. The moments you shared with us while playing through the quest is a memory all of us at Digital Extremes will never forget. So we thought… wow, we did it… Can we do it again? And so it was, we burned heaps of midnight oil to launch The War Within and experience the roller coaster of feels with you all over again.
Witnessing your reaction to THE SACRIFICE teaser we showed at TennoCon last year is an emotion we can’t quite put into words. We’re pretty sure you guys shook the convention center and the internet. So we’re absolutely ecstatic that you can now continue your journey as Tenno in the Warframe universe in this new quest.
From all of us at Digital Extremes, thank you for sharing Warframe with us. This once small but growing studio in London, Ontario couldn’t have done any of this without your extraordinary support, Tenno.
We hope that you have enjoyed the ride so far. We look forward to seeing what Warframe has in store for all of us as we look toward the future.
- THE SACRIFICE QUEST
The Apostasy Prologue left a memento from the Lotus lingering in the Orbiter, calling back to the moment Ballas extended his hand to her. As they faded beyond grasp, nothing but fragmented transmissions from her remained.
Now, a foreboding vision leads the Tenno to hunt for a savage Warframe. Will you unmask the truth in this mind-bending new chapter of the cinematic storyline? THE SACRIFICE will bring you closer to uncovering what has fallen into shadow.
THE SACRIFICE Quest is available after completing The Second Dream, The War Within, Chains of Harrow and the Apostasy Prologue, and will be available in your Codex upon login. Bring your best Warframe and Operator loadouts to face the challenges that await you in THE SACRIFICE.
- NEW COSMETICS
- Umbra Armor
Eclipse the darkness of Umbra with this Armor Set for any Warframe.
- Umbra Companion Armor
Embody the height of companion Fashion Frame with new Umbra-themed Kubrow and Kavat Armor Sets.
- Operator Cosmetics
Outfit your Operators with these golden-age Customizations.
- Umbra In Action Glyph
He’s mad but he’s also cute in chibi form.
- The Sacrifice Collection
Cast a long shadow with these Umbra and Dax items [beware of spoilers!]
- Dax Syandana
Worn in battle and ceremony at late-Orokin Dax, this Syandana was seen as a symbol of power to all in the empire.
And more to be discovered upon completing THE SACRIFICE quest!
- NEW UI THEMES AND UI CHANGES!
Currently, we have exactly 131 screens in Warframe that need an artistic pass to the new style. 8 are done and ready to go - they're here today! Themes similar to above are coming for the screens we have completed, and all subsequent screens will inherit whatever UI theme you've chosen (default or other purchased themes).
We have also have 2 free Themes specifically tailored for our visually impaired and color blind Tenno: the “Equinox Theme” (B&W theme) and the “High Contrast Theme”! We’d love to get your feedback on them so that we can increase Warframe’s accessibility: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/967241-pc-update-23-visual-accessibility-ui-themes-feedback-megathread/
To change your UI theme, go to your Interface Options and select “UI Customization”.
There you can also change your Background from the 3 available options:
- Equinox Background
- Legacy Background
- Vitruvian Background
You can also change the UI sounds from the “Legacy” and “Vitruvian” options.
Please see our Developer Workshop for more information: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/965952-ui-redesign-information-timeline/
- MODDABLE ‘EXALTED’ WEAPONS!
Warframes with unique Ability-driven (Exalted) Weapons can now be separately Modded in your Arsenal! This includes the ability to customize their appearance too!
- If you own any of the following Warframes, their “Exalted” Weapon have been added to your Arsenal
- Excalibur/Prime’s Exalted Blade
- We gave the Blade a partial physical design (hilt) so that you can customize its appearance (Energy color is still determined by Excalibur’s)!
- Ivara’s Artemis Bow
- Mesa’s Regulators
- If you own or purchase the Mesa Presidio Skin, you will automatically receive the Presidio Regulators skin to equip onto Mesa’s Regulators.
- Titania’s Dex Pixia + Diwata
- Valkyr/Prime’s Talons
- No customizing since her Talons’ design is all Energy-based!
- Wukong’s Iron Staff
Exalted Weapons work in the following ways:
- They appear in your Arsenal as an unranked moddable Weapon option once you’ve unlocked the Ability.
- All Exalted weapons use the Mod classes expected for the class of weapon.
- Melee Exalted Weapons have their Stance Mod permanently displayed in the modding UI with access to Combos!
- Titania’s Dex Pixia now uses Secondary Mods! More on that in the Titania Exalted Weapons Dev *Workshop we posted at the beginning of this week.
- While Exalted Weapons can be ranked, they do not count towards Mastery Rank (with the exception of Khora’s Venari).
- Riven Mods are not generated for Exalted Weapons.
- LIMBO STASIS CHANGES!
Limbo's Stasis has been changed to make it more cooperative! Now, Stasis only stops time for Enemies. Limbo's Gear and all Ally Gear will continue to function. But, because complete time-halting for enemies within the Rift is akin to godly power, the duration of the ability has been shortened overall - from base 30 seconds to 15 seconds. This is of course affected by Mods.
Please see our Developer Workshop for more information: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/966164-titanias-exalted-weapons-limbo-a-quick-workshop/
- PC CONTROLLER CHANGES!
The launch of virtual cursor controls on consoles brought many hotfixes to those platforms with much needed changes and improvements. Our first Dev Workshop looked at bringing D-Pad Functionality, while our second, a follow-up Action Plan, looked at what we planned on improving across platforms. Combined, the following changes are now live for our PC controller players:
- D-Pad support is here!
- Restored button shortcuts in the Arsenal.
- Changed Relic selection windows to preview content on hover. To choose a Relic, simply select it.
- Added the ability to auto-rotate your Warframe in the Arsenal (using the Right Trigger) while browsing item grid.
- Changed “preview” and “select” to be independent of one another in the Arsenal item selection (separate bindings displayed in bottom right of screen in Arsenal).
- Removed the need to hold down and drag in order to select a Mod in the Modding UI. Instead, selecting a Mod will make it stick to your cursor like it used to, allowing you to move it with cursor control or D-Pad. Additionally, hitting “back” will deselect the Mod from your cursor without exiting the screen.
- Increased the size of Star Chart node hitzones when using a controller.
- Fixed category switch with controller LB/RB on some screens when hovering over a category button.
- Fixed not being able to fish with Classic Controls.
- Fixed LB prompt in Ability Menu appearing permanently after opening fishing gear wheel.
- Fixed the cursor on controller moving to an arbitrary spot in the Inventory Sort Options drop down.
- Fixed cursor automatically snapping to a button on the right side of the screen if a menu is open.
- Fixed being unable to rotate your Operator while customizing with the Right Stick when your cursor is hovering over the item menu.
- Fixed being unable to rotate your Operator at all after fast traveling to the Transference room from “Operator” in the pause menu.
- Fixed the “X” callout button missing from the Lunaro Practice Mode, which made it appear that the Practice Mode could not be activated.
- Fixed button to send Amp Slots as a gift not actually sending the gift when using a controller.
- Fixed controller RB and LB loss of functionality after accessing Navigation, opening matchmaking and then pressing B to back out.
- Fixed pause menu button on controller causing a brief UI transition to mouse mode.
Thanks to your feedback, we are continuing our work to improve the cursor experience overall. To stay updated on the changes/fixes we are working on, visit our feedback thread here.Additions:
- Onkko has acquired new offerings! Trade Quills Standing for Landing Craft Decorations like Glowing Sentient Cores, Eidolon Relics, and more! Plus, acquire the Onkko's Cave Scene for your Captura desires.
- Old Man Sumbaat also has new offerings for the Tenno! Visit him in Cetus to trade Ostron Standing for everything from decorative fruit baskets, to baskets of spices, to... boots? Now your Orbiter can look (and smell) a little more like Cetus!
- Ask and ye shall receive! That closet full of Cetus Boots can now be crafted into a Boot Trophy from Fisher Hai Luk’s Offerings. We hope they haven’t been festering any fungal growth in the meantime....
- Added some sparkle to Octavia and Saryn’s Abilities with the new GPU Particle system.
- Added a new Challenge for completing THE SACRIFICE quest!
- Added a description to Captura Scenes that you own: “Explore this scene with access to advanced camera controls and visual settings”.
- Increased Excalibur Prime’s Armor from 250 to 300.
- Teralyst, Gantulyst, and Hydrolyst no longer have regenerated Shields immediately after teleporting from being stuck.
- Increased Titania’s Diwata damage to 200, Critical Chance to 20% and Critical Multiplier to 2x.
- Slightly lowered the Battalyst and Conculyst's base health from 1300 to 1150.
- Slightly reduced the Battalyst's projectile damage.
- You can now include “&” in your Zaw weapon Entitling.
- General audio polish for Sanctuary Onslaught.
- Following what we started in our previous mainline, we’ve made thousands more micro-optimizations to hundreds of scripts, including Warframe Powers, Precepts, Enemy Logic, Weapon *Behaviors, Game-Modes, and the UI.
- Ancient and Scorpion grappling hooks no longer go through Gara’s Mass Vitrify wall.
- Moved UI Cursor Sensitivity setting from “Controls” to “Interface”.
- Moved Cetus Wisp and Maprico Tree spawn points a bit further away from water volumes in the NW corner of the Plains for gathering ease.
- After the target is captured in Capture missions, the level alert levels will automatically turn off after 1 minute, and enemy spawns will stop after 2 minutes.
- Updated the LOC for Banshee’s Sound Quake Augment to “Forgoes channeling to create a shockwave that deals 20x damage at the epicenter, gradually weakening as it expands out".
- Stunning or knocking down Conculysts during their whirlwind ability and Battalysts during their omnidirectional laser ability now cancels the ability.
- Removed Steam controller icons from the list of selectable sets and swapped them with the Xbox One icons.
- Removed the “Max Enemy Count Reached” message from Simulacrum enemy selector when first opening it and selecting enemies. It will now only appear when you attempt to spawn enemies and there isn't enough space. It will also no longer clear your previous selection when it happens to be over the limit when you first open it.
- Punch Through Mods no longer affect the Zenith’s Alternate Fire deployable disc.
- GPU particles are now part of melee slam sparks by default.
- Increased the size of Focus Lens icons to be more on par with the size of Forma, Mastery, and other icons.
- Optimized the Survival HUD slightly. This also fixes problems caused by playing with VSync disabled and joining a mission in progress with a poor network connection.
- Updated “Show Friend Invite Notifications” in your Gameplay options to “Show Friend Request Notifications” and “Receive Friend Invites From” to “Receive Friend Requests From”.
- Improved Decoration Placement camera collision.
- Updated some of the structures in the Corpus Gas City tileset.
- Operator Hoods will appear open and Masks removed when they are involved in a cut scene.
- Fixed a crash when trying to view the profile of someone who has Khora equipped.
- Fixed kill scan mechanic (Synoid Heliocor, Astral Autopsy Mod) not functioning.
- Fixed Mirage’s Hall of Mirror clones applying Melee Stealth bonus 100% of the time.
- Fixed being perpetually stuck in Zephyr’s Dive Bomb animation when jumping through a Conduit in the same animation.
- Fixed very high bloom lighting in areas of the Lua tilesets and Grineer Settlement tilesets.
- Fixed the mini map overlapping the Trade item selection screen in Maroo’s Bazaar.
- Fixed some waterfalls in the Plains not appearing in the correct orientation.
- Fixed puddles in the Grineer Shipyard tileset having a hard edge on their local reflections.
- Fixed Inaros' Desiccation GPU particles not applying chosen Energy color
- Fixed bad lighting with the giant eye sculpture in The War Within.
- Fixed cloth clipping in Trinity’s diorama.
- Fixed popping lens flare in Titania’s diorama.
- Fixed the Quartakk firing sounds getting cut off.
- Fixed Chroma’s Spectral Scream not using Energy colors.
- Fixed AI getting stuck on geometry in sections of the Corpus Ship tileset.
- Fixed Syndicate Medallion FX not matching Syndicate colors.
- Fixed unintended difficulty when attempting to place Landing Craft Decorations as the Operator.
- Fixed Shotgun Scrambus projectiles not being deflected by Zephyr's Turbulence.
- Fixed the Zenith appearing to have 3 Alt-Firing modes in the Arsenal.
- Fixed some wonky clipping and holding poses on Warframe Articula when equipped with a Bow.
- Fixed flickering floor panels in Corpus Ship tileset.
- Fixed selected Warframe Ability resetting to #1 on controllers after loading into a mission or Reviving.
- Fixed fog FX from the Helminth Infirmary creeping more into the hallway than intended.
- Fixed a couple Obstacle Course strings having [PH] tags.
- Fixed issue where players could see outside of the orbiter if they looked through a small gap between the personal quarters ship doors.
- Fixed issue where the player would appear as an enemy if they flew a Dargyn that had been marked as a way-point. The marker will now update to reflect when a marked enemy or ally changes allegiance.
- Fixed the Volnus preview model rotating in the wrong direction when building in the foundry.
- Fixed issue where mouse UI would not transition to controller UI when the player was holding a decoration.
- Fixed gameplay stats not saving for ancient and ossified accounts.
- Fixed timed run score in Dojo Obstacle Courses being given to the hosting player instead of the client that ran it.
- Fixed a longstanding issue where you could spawn in the Dojo inside a deco and be stuck (often could jump out but not always).
- Fixed Kubrows investigating the same ragdolled enemy.
- Fixed colors not blending correctly into Equinox’s Night form design.
- Fixed AI getting stuck in ice walls in the Stofler node on Lua.
- Fixed being unable to back out of the Clan Permissions screen when using a controller.
- Fixed Hydroid’s Tentacle Swarm’s tentacles sometimes appearing underneath the tile.
- Fixed a script error when using the Gear menu in the Arsenal.
- Fixed issue where opening Warframe customization in the Arsenal caused a script error.
- Fixed a script error if intended recipient of a gift has no Friends, and also has their gift mode setting set to "Friends Only".
- Fixed script errors when casting numerous Warframe Abilities.
- Fixed Clients sometimes instantly losing functionality and getting kicked from the squad after completing the first stage and transitioning to Archwing in the Jordas Golem Assassination mission on Eris.
- Fixed being unable to purchase multiple Sands of Inaros Quest Blueprints from Baro.
- Fixed a random Excalibur appearing unannounced (like really, no one invited him) at Onkko’s shop when attempting to assemble an Amp and at Hok’s Anvil when assembling a Zaw.
- Fixed blank Gear Wheel when returning from a Bounty in the Plains of Eidolon as a Client.
- Fixed the camera jittering wildly if you bullet jumped before you finished crouching in an area that was too small for you to be able to stand upright.
- Fixed Friend Invite notifications appearing regardless of whether the associated option is toggled on or off.
- Fixed Specters having trouble aiming at enemies who are not standing upright when using Equinox’s Metamorphosis Duality Augment.
- Fixed Nezha’s Warding Halo damaging ragdolled enemies impaled by Divine Spears at a much higher hit per interval than intended.
- Fixed a map hole in the roof of an elevator in the Corpus Ice Planet tileset.
- Fixed Khora’s Venari disarming Vor after attacking him.
- Fixed Atomos missing its beam chain FX.
- Fixed Sugatras and other weapon attachments not simulating their cloth correctly if the weapon itself wasn't moving. This was most apparent on the login screen.
- Fixed there being no option to purchase Amp Slots in the Inventory screen under the Amp tab.
- Fixed an audio hang after mission debrief.
- The Silver Grove Quest fixes:
- Fixed missing bonfire decorations.
- Fixed missing objective text and transmission hints while searching for the Shrine in the first mission.
- Disabled Focus pickups in the Quest.
Ran into a bug? Let us know!