Hampster Servers and Pink ShortsSo the live stream was fun! over 4,000 people were tuned in, more then 10 times last Q/A stream! Lots of things to look forward to and lots of humor. I was mentioned (1:08:10; thanks Steve!). Also a way cool gift to 4 lucky players: $50 worth of plat! Congrats to the winners (as known in twitch): Hadery; Rivizzon; Balgusvar; and I_the_clinton
The first thing they talked about (and a theme throughout the stream) were the server issues. They are working on them, but they did not expect to be in the top 10 steam games (1:02:20) of the month. They are working hard to get new hardware in to account for the traffic.
For this Friday’s update, you can expect:
- New weapons in the game include the Ether set (3:00). This will include a dagger sward, and dual set. They are quicker yet slightly less damage than Skana. The dual set is slower than Fangs but more damage.
- Also coming out due to popular demand are the Dual Vipers (5:00)! “get your ammo max mods out”
- A new set of tiles (5:40) will be coming out for the outpost defense maps (double sized!) and Grineer asteroid tiles including a new “capture” game mode that tiles are made for specifically.
- Getting to the end of a mission will not start the timer until half the team is present. (22:35)
- Sentinels are going to get some attention. (33:00)
For the future:
- Bosses are going to start getting more interesting, a lot more attention, and “boss like” (8:30). An infested boss “golem” replacement was revealed and it is AWESOME! And Vor is going to get a lot better! Boss fights should start looking like Jackal fights.
- Higher than rare mods will be coming out (15:10)
- There are going to be more alternate helmets (15:45)
- As for Warframe remakes (16:15) they are going to keep tweaking things, but overhauls of frames or individual abilities will not be common.
- A trading system will be implemented (19:00) for clan level, but they really do not want to throw the game for a mistake on the economic system. Resources will be on the trading table, but mods and other things may be off in the more distant future. Also, a gifting system for platinum for people in the same clan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=_Oq6_AX341s#t=1650s 27:30) will be implemented, but no trading for plat.
- Stealth will be looked at more (20:30) with new mechanics for it, but they are trying to make it work for online and privet/solo. There will eventually be a way to turn off the in game alarm system (24:45).
- There will in fact be more Warframes in the future (24:00).
- There will be new factions… eventually (26:30).
- New abilities are going to be released (26:50) for the frames.
- More polarities will be able to be added to weapons (28:00) so that players can make it personal.
- Looks like the frames are not going to ever have a “voice” (29:20) but new music tracks will eventually be added.
- They are looking to add throwable weapons (30:50) as side arms. Ash’s shuriken will be appropriately (or not) changed up. And something that really made me lol was the announcement of the Glaive!
- Rank 8 is a parkour basedtest (33:30) and many of the new tiles are going to require parkour to get to really cool spots!
- An optional reset is in the works (40:50) and coming soon. It will be a 100% reset (no exp, no credits, no resources will remain). All plat will be reimbursed. It will be completely optional.
- Is the hacking game going to change? Yes (43:10). For the most part, it will just be making it harder, but eventually there will be new types of hacking. And the sentinels will be able to hack for you!
- The “Global” chat will be getting some customization (46:00) so that players can make it work for their screen and preferences.
- The frames will get “knock back mods” that will enable faster stand up (47:45) and they teased at the idea of “laser door immunity."
- Hopefully the rollers will get some attention (48:50). The numbers are adjusted often, but for the most part, they are not going to change much, for now. All powers SHOULD work on all [t]rollers…
- New Sentinels will be added (49:40).
- Ok, really! Vehicles?! They just don’t fit…. (51:50).
- In spite of what Steve says, apparently no progress has been made on gender swaps for frames. (55:40). But Ember “Blaze” will be discussed later…
- The (not so) hidden secret is blocking (56:55), and they are planning on making it better.
- More lore is going to be released in the nearer future. (59:00)
- THERE WILL BE NO PVP in the near future. They are focusing on PvE. (1:00:00).
For update 8, what we know is thus:
- Clans are getting a lot of attention (25:00). They will get to use tiles to build a clan dojo. This dojo will be something that can be walked around in and members will be able to invite friends to see it!
- There will be “clan vs clan” meta game that will affect the “topology” of the system.
- maybe things for individual clans to do.
At the conclusion of the live stream, as has become a custom, a 12 hour alert come up on the game with a Orokin Catalyst reward.