With the deployment of Update 17 behind us, Digital Extremes had continued to bring us more content to players. These chunks of huge update as always, changed a gameplay element in WARFRAME radically--But more than that, there are various other additions, changes, other fixes and more.
Download the update now to experience these new features!
Warframe Addition and Rework
Equinox, the Yin-Yang Warframe
- Main article: Equinox
This updates comes with the release of the Yin-Yang themed Warframe, Equinox. Representing the balance between contrasting duality, Equinox shifts between two opposing entities, altering its powers. Balance these forms - become like day, increasing the ability strength of allies and destroying enemies in waves. Let night take hold, command enemies to sleep and heal your allies in need.
Equinox is essentially two different warframes, each dubbed as Anima and Animus possessing different powers--thematic to their genders. Animus, the male side is the day side, sporting an offensive set of powers and buffs; whilst Anima, the female side is the night side, sporting a supportive set of powers and healing.
- Power 1 - Metamorphosis: Switch form between Day-Form and Night-Form.
- Power 2 - Rest and Rage
- Day-Form: Enemies in a small targeted area become vulnerable to damage.
- Night-Form: Enemies in a small targeted area are put to sleep.
- Power 3 - Pacify and Provoke
- Day-Form: Increases the Power Strength of nearby allies.
- Night-Form: Reduces damage dealt by nearby enemies.
- Power 4 - Maim and Mend
- Day (Maim): Nearby enemies are bled and thus subjected to a wave of slashing force.
- Night (Mend): Allies are healed with each nearby enemy killed.
- Main article: Frost
Frost has been completely reworked this update and is back with several shiny new tricks up his sleeve. Get him out of your arsenal right now to experience his new power!
- Freeze -- Now freezes enemies, staying vulnerable for assault in their ice prison. It also inflicts 100% Cold proc on a small area and will leave a frozen patch of ice on the floor, slowing down enemies that walk over it.
- Ice Wave -- The ability now spreads a carpet of ice crystalline in an outwards cone instead of a straight line.
- Snow Globe -- Ability timer is now removed, however players only can have four instances of Snow Globes up simultaneously. Enemies caught inside will be frozen and launched outside similar to Shockwave MOA stomp. Frozen enemies that experience a heavy landing will break over, killing them.
- Avalanche -- Enemies that survive it will have armor reduced by a percentage based on ability level, enemies that die will do radial Cold damage around them.
Exilus Mod Slots
Exilus Mod slots (or popularly dubbed as Utility Mod Slots) can be unlocked using an item found in Simaris' offerings after completing the Quest: Natah, or can be purchased for 20 Platinum. The list of existing mods designated as Utility includes:
- Enemy Sense
- Heavy Impact
- Master Thief
- Shock Absorbers
- Sure Footed
- Thief's Wit
- Warm Coat
The following new Mods have been designated 'Utility':
- Lightning Dash
- Ice Spring
- Toxic Flight
- Battering Maneuver
- Rending Walk
- Piercing Flight
New PVP Warframes
- Main article: Maneuvers
This update comes with a revamp to the maneuver system. New movement reshapes every battlefield. Quickly move down enemy corridors, leap past enemy defenses, or clear wide chasms - all with a single jump Skillfully climb yourself up the obstacles, close a taller gap, or conserve your speed with the aerial jump motion. Cunningly ascent yourself upwards, reach a vantage point, or flank the enemies by dashing the wall. Reach into a new horizon with your skills like never before.
- Double Jump: Players can now use a second jump while in mid-air. Players will be able to jump again immediately after touching any surface or enemy.
- Bullet Jump: Pressing the ‘Jump’ button after sliding will send the player into a mid-air dash, temporarily improving movement speed. Players can use a Bullet Jump as a double jump in any direction.
- Wall Latch: Pressing the ‘Right Mouse Button’ button against a wall will allow players to latch onto flat surfaces for a limited duration. Players may fire their equipped Primary or Secondary weapon while using Wall Latch.
- Wall Dash: Pressing the ‘Jump’ button while against any surface will allow players to hop along the surface in any direction. This can be used to scale vertical surfaces, and can be chained indefinitely.
- Aim Gliding: Using the ‘Aim’ button while in mid-air will slow the player’s fall speed, enabling a slow glide that players can fire their weapon in any direction from.
- Ziplines: Pressing X while near a zipline will allow players to jump directly onto the zipline. Players can now run or dash along ziplines, and X to jump on a zipline can be done after a double jump.
- Enhanced Movements -- Roll faster and close a longer range, dodge faster and avoid incoming assault, mount a zip-line and move freely alongside it!
- Stamina has now been removed from the game.
- Parrying now only blocks a base percentage of incoming damage.
- Channeling while parrying will block 100% of incoming damage, and reflect a percentage of the damage back at the cost of Energy.
- Main article: Grineer Sealab
Prepare to assault the Grineer Sealab, located in Uranus. Taking place on a Grineer underwater research facility, this tileset features both artificial structures intermixed with oceanic strata and views of the ocean. Use your Archwing to submerge underwater, and strike enemy bases where they're most vulnerable!
- Main article: Tyl Regor
The head researcher of the Grineer facility, Tyl Regor, now returns into the research lab--Armed with newly engineered Grineer forces, from Drekar, Manics to Dragas. Assassinate him and stop his research before he could produce more lethal breed of clones!
- Harpak -- Spike enemies to the wall or reel them in with this Grineer-built automatic harpoon gun.
- Kulstar -- Rain hell on the enemy with this handheld Grineer-built cluster-rocket launcher.
- Ack & Brunt -- Tyl Regor's custom axe and shield are how he likes to eliminate 'frustrations'.
- Grattler --Shatter your targets with explosive shells from this devastating Archwing cannon.
- Twin Grakata - When one Grakata isn't enough, bring another for extra firepower.
The following Mods are Transmutable and will also appear in purchased booster packs (with exception to Depleted Reload, which is a Corrupted Mod):
- Adhesive Blast: Launched grenades now stick to the first surface it makes contact with.
- Covert Lethality: Melee attacks from stealth are always lethal (Daggers only).
- Seismic Wave: Increases the range of ground slam damage by 50/100/150/200%.
- Concealed Explosives: Thrown blades have a 50/60/70% chance to explode on impact.
- Combustion Beam: Enemies killed by beam weapons explode for 50/100/150/200/250/300 damage shortly after death.
- Depleted Reload: Increases reload speed, decreases magazine capacity.
- Mobilize: Increases parkour Velocity, Aim Glide and Wall Latch time.
- Firewalker: Increases parkour Velocity, Aim Glide and Wall Latch time. Landing on enemies procs Heat damage.
- Lightning Dash: Increases parkour Velocity, Aim Glide and Wall Latch time. Landing on enemies procs Electric damage.
- Ice Spring: Increases parkour Velocity, Aim Glide and Wall Latch time. Landing on enemies procs Cold damage.
- Toxic Flight: Increases parkour Velocity, Aim Glide and Wall Latch time. Landing on enemies procs Toxin damage.
- Battering Maneuver: Increases parkour Velocity, Aim Glide and Wall Latch time. Landing on enemies procs Impact damage.
- Rending Turn: Increases parkour Velocity, Aim Glide and Wall Latch time. Landing on enemies procs Slash damage.
- Piercing Step: Increases parkour Velocity, Aim Glide and Wall Latch time. Landing on enemies procs Puncture damage.
- Patagium: Adds +15% Aim Glide / Wall Latch duration.
- Final Harbinger (Sword and Shield): STANCE - Powerful slashes and shield attacks.
- New Accessory - Capes: Four Capes are now available in the Market! Capes can be equipped via Arsenal - Attachments - Syandana.
- Izvara Syandana: The exclusive garment of Tenno chosen to protect the Orokin Council of Executors
- Vanquished Banner: Add insult to injury by mocking the Grineer with their own banner.
- Nelumbo Syandana: Worn to honor the Lotus.
- Udyat Syandana: A flowing ribbon of silken fabric, crowned with a star.
- Kubrow Armor is now available! Players can customize their Kubrow with unique sets of armor available in the Market. Kubrow Armor can be equipped via the Arsenal, under Companion - Appearance.
- ROSTAM ARMOR - Decorative armor fitted for a Kubrow.
- VALINN ARMOR - Decorative armor fitted for a Kubrow.