Release Date: November 20th, 2013
Valkyr is a berserker-themed Warframe. Driven by feral rage, her attacks rend her prey with fury and ferociousness, while her tortured cries break the imposing silence of the Tenno presence. Valkyr was unleashed in Update 11.0.
|Time: 72 hrs|
|Market Price: 300||Blueprint Price: 35,000|
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Time: 12 hrs|
The drop chances for each component are 38.72%, 38.72%, 22.56% for Neuroptics, Chassis, Systems respectively as it is for most boss-rewarded Warframe components, with an expected 19 ± 6 runs to obtain each component at least once.
“I am the Lotus. I will guide you, but we must hurry.”Guides are created by users like you. They aren't as strictly regulated as most pages, so keep an eye out for dated or subjective information.
Have your own build and playstyle? You can contribute too! Instructions are within.
See Category:Valkyr Guides to read user-made guides on how to play this Warframe.
“Orokin secrets cannot remain secret forever! Start talking!”The following article/section is conjecture. Content is subjected to change/removal as the game progresses. Please do not use this article for critical in-game information.
Previously having thrived among the Tenno in her natural Gersemi form, Valkyr is known for her capture and subsequent torment at the hands of Alad V. The obsessed Corpus scientist would bring Valkyr to his lab on Themisto, Jupiter where she would be restrained and subjected to harsh experiments. This mad science would greatly expand the Corpus' knowledge of Warframe design, and consequentially left Valkyr maddened and scarred.
Ultimately, Valkyr was deconstructed and used to produce the Zanuka prototype, Alad V's companion fighting machine. However, blueprints of her components can still be found after defeating Alad V in combat.
- "Valkyr" is derived from Valkyrie. According to Norse Mythology, the Valkyries were a host of divine creatures in service of the gods that brought the "chosen" among the fallen up to Asgard (where the gods resided). It was generally believed that dying in battle with your honor intact was a sure way of being chosen.
- Thematically, Valkyr's design was inspired largely by felines:
- Valkyr has visible claws on both her hands and feet, and Hysteria gives her an additional set of claws on her hands which accents the ability's wild, feral nature.
- Her Bastet Helmet, is named after Bastet, the Egyptian Goddess of Home and Family, who was commonly depicted with a cat's head.
- Her Passive – added knockdown recovery bonus and immunity to heavy landings – belie a feline's agility.
- A now-patched bug unintentionally caused any equipped Whip to extend while Hysteria was active, giving the appearance of a tail.
- She is the second female Warframe whose base stats defy a trend of fragility; despite having low shields she has the highest armor value of all the Warframes.
- Both her Warframe Profile video and in-game description verify that she's a product (or possibly a failure) of the Zanuka Project.
- Valkyr is the only Warframe which has human-like audible cries, voiced by Digital Extremes community coordinator, Megan Everett.
- Valkyr is the second Warframe to replace Alloy Plates with Circuits in her construction, following Saryn.