The Vasto is a powerful and effective sidearm that strikes a balance between the Lato and the Lex. Whilst it has less base damage than the Lex, it is exceedingly accurate, and features a rate of fire on par with the Lato. It also has a high crit rate.
High materials cost, low ammo capacity, and moderate recoil stand out as its major weak points.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 190||Blueprints Price: 30,000|
This weapon deals primarily Slash damage.
- High damage.
- Fast fire rate.
- Very accurate.
- Very fast reload speed.
- One polarity slot.
- Higher chance to stagger than other weapons.
- Fastest reload speed among non-thrown secondary weapons, tied with Bronco.
- Good critical chance.
- Vasto, compared to Vasto Prime:
- Lower base damage (50.0 vs. 70.0)
- Lower critical chance (15% vs. 20%)
- Lower status chance (5% vs. 20%)
- Lower fire rate (5 rounds/sec vs. 5.42 rounds/sec)
- Different polarities ( vs. )
- Lower Mastery Rank required (0 vs. 3)
- Vasto, compared to Akvasto:
- See Category:Vasto Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Vasto Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- Due to the semi-auto nature of the Vasto, for longer ranged targets fire more slowly, as the recoil will fire bullets higher the faster you pull the trigger.
- When focusing on a build based on speed (Fire rate and reload speed) you can run out of ammo quickly. On defense this isn't much of a problem as pistol ammo pickups are more clustered and easier to replenish your ammo, but for other missions consider taking a pistol ammo box along just in case.
- Consider using a mod slot to fit a high-level Pistol Gambit - this can bring the crit chance up to around 30%. Combined with the weapon's high rate of fire, it can easily tear through tougher opponents.
- The recoil can be decreased by the Steady Hands mod, making this a more viable long-range weapon.
- The Vasto has a high chance of cutting corpses into pieces, similar to Slash-focused melee weapons. This makes the Vasto a prime candidate for a Desecrating Nekros to bring along, as the game considers the cut corpses as separate entities, essentially giving multiple corpses to desecrate from a single enemy and thus yielding more chances to create more drops.
- The Vasto was added in Update 9.3.
- Although shown as being mostly silver colored, the pistol's default color is actually black.
- Vasto is a Latin verb, meaning "I destroy / I lay waste / I ravage."
- The Vasto's cylinder revolves with every shot and upon reload, making it the fourth weapon with a non-static model.
- The Vasto appears to be a double-action revolver of intermediate caliber, rather than a high caliber single action akin to those used in the 19th century West, like the Colt Single Action Army. The handle/grip is flush with the rest of the weapon, leaving no exposed hammer to manually cock. However, there appears to be a rocker on the rear of the Vasto that could be a hammer lever.
- Unlike real revolvers, however, the Vasto ejects cartridges after each shot.
- Thanks to its high Slash damage, the Vasto has a high chance of cutting corpses into pieces.