The Vaykor Hek is a Hek variant available only from Steel Meridian. Boasting double the magazine capacity of the base variant, a faster rate of fire, and an increased critical chance, the Vaykor Hek also comes with an innate Justice effect. It does, however, take slightly longer to reload than the base variant.
This weapon deals primarily Puncture damage.
- Very high damage
- Very high critical chance.
- Very high status chance.
- Innate Justice effect.
- Moderately large magazine capacity.
- Comes with a and polarity.
- Low Impact and Slash damage – less effective against shields and Flesh.
- Linear damage falloff from 100% to 73.33% from 10m to 20m target distance (distances are affected by Projectile Speed).
- Before 100% status chance, the listed status chance is the base chance per shot that at least one pellet will proc a status; the actual base status chance per pellet is ~4.03%.
- High recoil.
- Vaykor Hek, compared to Hek:
- Higher critical chance (25% vs. 10%)
- Higher fire rate (3 rounds/sec vs. 2.17 rounds/sec)
- Smaller max damage reduction due to falloff (73.33% vs. 80%)
- Larger magazine (8 rounds vs. 4 rounds)
- Slower reload speed (2.25 s vs. 2 s)
- Innate Justice effect
- Different polarities ( vs. None)
- Higher Mastery Rank required (12 vs. 4)
- The Vaykor Hek can be acquired by reaching the Rank of General with Steel Meridian, and spending 125,000 to purchase. As with all Syndicate Weapons, the Vaykor Hek cannot be chosen as the free offering upon ranking up to General rank.
- Syndicate weapons can also be acquired via Trading, but only for unranked copies without Forma and Orokin Catalyst installed.
- Your Mastery Rank must be at least 12 to acquire any Syndicate primary weapon, either through trading or through the Syndicates themselves.
- Cannot be equipped with the Hek exclusive syndicate augment Scattered Justice, due to the Vaykor variant already having innate Justice effect and improved stats.
- Can make good use of Accelerated Blast, due to its high innate Puncture damage.
- The listed Status Chance is the base chance per shot that at least one pellet will proc a status. The actual base Status Chance per pellet is ~4.03%.
- The Vaykor Hek has over double the critical potential of the normal Hek. This combined with more rounds in a magazine and a higher fire rate, means the Vaykor is more viable for a critical oriented build.
- The higher crit potential, magazine capacity and fire rate of the Vaykor Hek means that even with the extra multishot afforded by Scattered Justice, the Hek is still inferior.