The Vaykor Hek is a Hek variant available only from Steel Meridian. Boasting double the magazine capacity of the base variant, a faster rate of fire, and an increased critical chance, the Vaykor Hek also comes with an innate Justice effect. It does, however, take slightly longer to reload than the base variant.
This weapon deals primarily Puncture damage.
- Very high damage
- High critical chance.
- High status chance.
- Has an innate Justice effect, see Syndicate Radial Effects for more details.
- Comes with a and polarity.
- Double the magazine capacity of the normal Hek variant.
- Low Impact damage – less effective against shields.
- Linear damage falloff from 100% to ~25% from 10m to 25m target distance (distances are affected by Projectile Speed).
- Vaykor Hek, compared to Hek:
- Higher critical chance (25% vs. 10%)
- Higher fire rate (3 rounds/sec vs. 2.17 rounds/sec)
- Longer range before damage falloff ends (25m vs. 20m)
- Larger magazine (8 rounds vs. 4 rounds)
- Slower reload speed (2.3 s vs. 2 s)
- Innate Justice effect
- Different polarities ( vs. None)
- Higher Mastery Rank required (12 vs. 4)
- The Vaykor Hek can be acquired by reaching the Rank of General with Steel Meridian, and spending 125,000 to purchase. As with all Syndicate Weapons, the Vaykor Hek cannot be chosen as the free offering upon ranking up to General rank.
- Syndicate weapons can also be acquired via Trading, but only for unranked copies without Forma and Orokin Catalyst installed.
- Your Mastery Rank must be at least 12 to acquire any Syndicate primary weapon, either through trading or through the Syndicates themselves.
- Cannot be equipped with the Hek exclusive syndicate augment Scattered Justice, due to the Vaykor variant already having innate Justice effect and improved stats.
- The listed Status Chance is the base chance per shot that at least one pellet will proc a status. The actual base Status Chance per pellet is ~4.03%.
- The Vaykor Hek has over double the critical potential of the normal Hek. This combined with more rounds in a magazine and a higher fire rate, means the Vaykor is more viable for a critical oriented build.