- The Vaykor Marelok can be acquired by reaching the Rank of General with Steel Meridian, and spending 100,000 to purchase. As with all Syndicate Weapons, the Vaykor Marelok cannot be chosen as the free offering upon ranking up to General rank.
- Syndicate weapons can also be acquired via Trading, but only for unranked copies without Forma or Orokin Catalyst installed.
- Players must have a Mastery Rank of at least 10 to acquire the Vaykor Marelok, either through trading or through the Syndicates themselves.
This weapon deals primarily Impact damage.
- Very high base damage.
- Tied for second highest status chance of all secondaries alongside Dual Toxocyst and Pox, behind the Tysis.
- Good critical chance.
- Very good ammunition efficiency.
- Decent fire rate.
- Has a and polarity.
- Has an innate Justice effect.
- Low Puncture damage – less effective against armor.
- Below average critical multiplier.
- Inaccuracy is noticeable over long range.
- High recoil.
- Vaykor Marelok, compared to Marelok:
- Equal base damage, but different composition:
- Higher critical chance (20% vs. 15%)
- Higher status chance (35% vs. 30%)
- Larger magazine (10 rounds vs. 6 rounds)
- Innate Justice effect
- Different polarities ( vs. )
- Higher Mastery Rank required (10 vs. 7)
- See Category:Vaykor Marelok Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Vaykor Marelok Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- The Vaykor Marelok has an innate Justice effect identical to that found in Steel Meridian Weapon Augment Mods. Upon accumulating sufficient affinity, the Vaykor Marelok will release an AoE radial blast that deals Blast damage and staggers enemies for Finisher attacks, restores 25% of the Warframe's maximum Health, and temporarily buffs maximum Armor by 15% for 30 seconds.
- The innate polarity can somewhat limit elemental modding potential, thus making it a less desirable polarity for elemental modding. If you wish to focus more on elemental damage, then it is recommended to either ignore the polarity or use Forma to turn it into a more suitable polarity.
- The Vaykor Marelok is a great side arm for dealing with enemies at short to mid range for players who have a sniper rifle or bow for their primary weapon. Vaykor Marelok's firepower is strong enough to be considered a sub-primary weapon.
- When used with Pistol Pestilence, Jolt, Frostbite and Scorch mods, the Vaykor Marelok is capable of reaching 100% status chance.
- (As with the Marelok) In order to reach the full fire-rate, one must fire the next shot just before the "lever-action" animation is completed.
- Prior to update 15.13, you were unable to alter the cyan Energy color.
- When stolen by the Drahk Master, as with all Syndicate weapons it reverts to its original variants skin (The default Marelok) when left on the ground.
- The Vaykor Marelok skin returns once picked back up.
- Unlike the other five Syndicate weapons, the word 'vaykor' appears to not be a derivative word or have any meaning. Although, there is a possibility it is a Grineer corruption of the word "valor."
- The Vaykor Marelok was the first item to have the "Vaykor" prefix, with the Vaykor Syandana following second.
Vaykor Marelok Skins
- Marelok, the original counterpart of this weapon.
- Grinlok, the rifle counterpart of Marelok.
- Steel Meridian, the Syndicate that offers this weapon.
- Syndicate Weapons