- The Vaykor Sydon can be acquired by reaching the Rank of General with Steel Meridian, and spending 125,000 to purchase. As with all Syndicate Weapons, the Vaykor Sydon cannot be chosen as the free offering upon ranking up to General rank.
- Syndicate weapons can be also be acquired via Trading, but only for unranked copies without Forma and Orokin Catalyst installed.
- Players must have a Mastery Rank of at least 8 to acquire the Vaykor Sydon, either through trading or through the Syndicates themselves.
This weapon deals primarily Puncture damage.
- Highest Puncture damage of all melee weapons – effective against armor.
- Slam attacks have innate Blast damage – effective against Machinery and Fossilized.
- Good critical chance.
- Very high status chance.
- Second highest attack speed of all polearms, behind Cassowar and Orthos Prime.
- Long reach.
- Successful blocking builds stacks. On 15 stacks, releasing block causes the weapon to emit a Radial Blind, blinding all enemies with 15 meters for 5 seconds.
- Stance slot has polarity, matches Shimmering Blight stance.
- Innate polarity.
- Low Impact and no Slash damage – less effective against shields and health.
- Slam Attacks have innate Blast damage – less effective against Ferrite Armor and Infested Sinew.
- Vaykor Sydon, compared to Sydon:
- The Vaykor Sydon requires 15 continuous blocked hits (ranged or melee) to fully charge its Radial Blind. The Radial Blind is activated once the block is released, and enemies within 15 meters will be blinded for 5 seconds.
- Releasing the block before reaching the required number of charges will not activate the Radial Blind and will reset any acquired charges.
- The number of charges gained is displayed on the HUD beside the player's health as a Steel Meridian icon. The tip of the weapon also glows brighter as more charges are collected.
- When damage nullifying abilities, such as Iron Skin or Warding Halo, are active, or when the player is in an invulnerable state, blocked attacks will not store charges.
- Blind radius is affected by (Primed) Reach.
- Players gain bonus 50% chance to resist Knockdown or knockback when wielding the Vaykor Sydon.
- Without a stance equipped, the Vaykor Sydon has a unique attack animation that includes forward jabs. This feature is carried over from the normal Sydon.
- When in a squad, using Guardian Derision allows players to attract aggro, making collecting charges easier.
- Maneuvers, such as Bullet Jumps and Double Jumps, will release a weapon's block and should be avoided if a player hasn't reached 15 stacks.
- Releasing the blind causes the player to momentarily stand still, similar to when Excalibur casts Radial Blind. This can be counteracted by performing maneuvers to release the charged blind instead of simply releasing block.
- It's highly suggested to use a durable frame when planning on extensively using the Radial Blind feature.
- The weapon's Radial Blind feature synergizes well with Inaros' innate lifesteal as blinded enemies are opened up to finishers.
- The concept for the radial blind effect of the Vaykor Sydon was designed by players Tourach and taiiat.
Vaykor Sydon Skins
Last updated:Hotfix 188.8.131.52
- Sydon, the standard variant.