This weapon deals primarily Puncture damage.
- Highest Puncture damage of all melee weapons – effective against armor.
- High status chance.
- Stance slot has polarity, matches Shimmering Blight stance.
- Comes with a polarity.
- Long reach.
- Vaykor Sydon, compared to Sydon:
- The Vaykor Sydon can be acquired by reaching the Rank of General with Steel Meridian, and spending 125,000 to purchase. As with all Syndicate Weapons, the Vaykor Sydon cannot be chosen as the free offering upon ranking up to General rank.
- Syndicate weapons can be also be acquired via Trading, but only for unranked copies without Forma and Orokin Catalyst installed.
- Players must have a Mastery Rank of at least 8 to acquire any Syndicate melee weapon, either through trading or through the Syndicates themselves.
- The Vaykor Sydon requires 15 continuous blocked hits (ranged or melee) to fully charge its Radial Blind. The Radial Blind is activated once the block is released, and will blind enemies within a 15 meter radius for 5 seconds. Releasing the block by any means before the required number of charges has been reached will not activate the Radial Blind, along with resetting any acquired charges.
- The number of charges gained is displayed on the HUD beside the player's health as a Steel Meridian icon. The tip of the weapon also glows brighter as more charges are collected.
- Blocked attacks do not count when damage-nullifying abilities are active, such as Iron Skin or Warding Halo.
- The blind range can be increased by Reach and Primed Reach.
- Using the Radial Blind with Inaros will heal when finishing enemies.
- The Vaykor Sydon has a 50% chance to resist Knockdown or knockback.
- Without a stance equipped, the Vaykor Sydon has a unique attack animation that includes forward jabs. This feature is carried over from the normal Sydon.
Vaykor Sydon Skins
- Sydon, the standard variant.