“Market forces dictate that you need to evolve or die.”This item has been removed from the Void Relic drop tables at this time and is no longer available.
On May 24th, 2017, it was announced that Vectis Prime would enter the Prime Vault and be retired from the reward tables on May 30th, 2017. Any preexisting components or fully-built weapons will remain as is.
On October 12th 2017, it was obtainable as a Twitch Drop reward with The Great Eidolon Hunt event.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:N/A|
(V) Denotes Vaulted Void Relics
(B) Denotes Baro Ki'Teer Exclusive Void Relic
This weapon deals primarily Puncture damage.
- Second highest base damage of all sniper rifles behind the Lanka, and highest base damage of all hit-scan sniper rifles.
- Tied with Snipetron and Rubico for the second highest critical chance of all sniper rifles, behind Rubico Prime.
- Tied with normal Vectis for the highest status chance of all sniper rifles.
- Tied with Rubico for the second highest fire rate of all sniper rifles, behind Rubico Prime.
- Fastest reload speed of all sniper rifles.
- Good ammo economy.
- Pinpoint accuracy while aiming; shots will hit exactly on the reticle dot, perfect for headshots.
- Good candidate for Charged Chamber and/or Primed Chamber due to its magazine size of two rounds, or one round with Depleted Reload.
- Has both low and high zoom ranges, and having only two zoom settings instead of three allows for faster switching between ranges.
- Zooming in increases head shot damage by +40% at 3.5x zoom or +60% at 6x zoom.
- Zoom is not cancelled during reload.
- Staggers most enemies with every hit.
- Innate and polarities.
- Low Slash damage – less effective against health.
- Linear damage falloff from 100% to 50% from 400m to 600m target distance (distances are affected by Projectile Speed).
- Extremely low magazine size of just two rounds; requires frequent reloading.
- Largest shot combo requirement of all sniper rifles.
- Draws from the rare sniper ammo pool.
- High recoil, which may make it difficult to fire a follow-up shot, especially at higher zoom levels.
- Vectis Prime, compared to Vectis:
- Higher base damage (350.0 vs. 225.0)
- Higher critical chance (30% vs. 25%)
- Higher fire rate (2.67 rounds/sec vs. 1.5 rounds/sec)
- Larger magazine (2 rounds vs. 1 round)
- Faster reload speed (0.85 s vs. 1 s)
- Different polarities ( vs. )
- Higher Mastery Rank required (14 vs. 2)
- See Category:Vectis Prime Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Vectis Prime Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- Due to the fact that it has two rounds per magazine instead of the Vectis' single round, Charged Chamber and Primed Chamber are less effective without the use of manual reloading.
- Manual reloading also cannot be optimally performed due to the recoil animation after the first shot, which prevents the performance of an immediate reload.
- This can be circumvented by using the Depleted Reload mod, which reduces the magazine size of the Vectis Prime to 1, and increases reload speed by 48% at max rank.
- The Vectis Prime has superior zoom capabilities to the Vectis, having a 10x maximum magnification compared to the Vectis' 4.5, while still maintaining a 4x minimum zoom for mid-range shooting.
- The Vectis Prime has the largest shot combo requirement of the sniper rifles, needing 5 shots to initiate the 1.5x damage multiplier.
- Vectis is Latin for "Bar" or "Pole", referring to a locking bar (or bolt), a leveraging bar such as a Crowbar, or possibly referring to a carrying pole.
- The Vectis Prime has a bipod, as opposed to the monopod on the normal Vectis. This might suggest that this rifle would be more precise and have less recoil because of the extra support from the bipod. It is purely cosmetic, however.
Vectis Prime Skins
- Vectis, the original counterpart of this gun.
- Prime, the Orokin enhancement to a Warframe or weapon.