“Market forces dictate that you need to evolve or die.”This item has been removed from the Void Relic drop tables at this time and is no longer available.
The Vectis Prime is the prime version of the Vectis sniper rifle. Featuring higher base damage and a doubled magazine, the Vectis Prime swaps the Vectis' 3x and 4x zoom for a higher 3.5x and 6x zoom, allowing for both medium and long range combat.
On May 24th, 2017, it was announced that Vectis Prime would enter the Prime Vault and be retired from the reward tables on May 30th, 2017. Any preexisting components or fully-built weapons will remain as is.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price: N/A|
Lith/Meso/Neo/Axi refer to Void Relics
(V) Denotes Vaulted Void Relics
This weapon deals primarily Puncture damage.
- Highest damage of all hitscan sniper rifles.
- High critical chance.
- High status chance.
- Fast reload speed.
- Pinpoint accuracy while aiming; shots will hit exactly on the reticle dot, perfect for headshots.
- Good Ammo economy.
- Has both low and high zoom ranges, and having only two zoom settings instead of three allows for faster switching between ranges.
- and polarities.
- Good candidate for Charged / Primed Chamber due to its magazine size of two rounds, or one round with Depleted Reload.
- Zooming in increases head shot damage by +35% at 3.5x zoom or +55% at 6x zoom (stacks additively with base damage mods like Serration).
- Mediocre Fire Rate.
- Low Slash damage – less effective against health.
- Largest shot combo requirement of all sniper rifles.
- High recoil, which may make it difficult to fire a follow-up shot, especially at higher zoom levels.
- Vectis Prime, compared to Vectis:
- See Category:Vectis Prime Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Vectis Prime Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- Due to the fact that it has two rounds per magazine instead of the Vectis' single round, Charged Chamber and Primed Chamber are less effective without the use of manual reloading.
- Manual reloading also cannot be optimally performed due to the recoil animation after the first shot, which prevents the performance of an immediate reload.
- This can be circumvented by using the Depleted Reload mod, which reduces the magazine size of the Vectis Prime to 1, and increases reload speed by 48% at max rank.
- The Vectis Prime has superior zoom capabilities to the Vectis, having a 10x maximum magnification compared to the Vectis' 4.5, while still maintaining a 4x minimum zoom for mid-range shooting.
- The Vectis Prime has the largest shot combo requirement of the sniper rifles, needing 5 shots to initiate the 1.5x damage multiplier.
- Vectis is Latin for "Bar" or "Pole", referring to a locking bar (or bolt), a leveraging bar such as a Crowbar, or possibly referring to a carrying pole.
- The Vectis Prime has a bipod, as opposed to the monopod on the normal Vectis. This might suggest that this rifle would be more precise and have less recoil because of the extra support from the bipod. It is purely cosmetic, however.
Vectis Prime Skins
- Vectis, the original counterpart of this gun.
- Prime, the Orokin enhancement to a Warframe or weapon.