|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 200||Blueprints Price: 15,000|
|Tenno Lab Research •3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
Lith/Meso/Neo/Axi refer to Void Relics
(V) Denotes Vaulted Void Relics
(B) Denotes Baro Ki'Teer Exclusive Void Relic
This weapon deals Magnetic damage.
- Highest base damage of Archwing guns.
- Very high critical chance.
- Highest critical multiplier of all Archwing weapons.
- Very high status chance.
- High accuracy.
- Innate 5 meter Punch Through.
- Large magazine size.
- Fast reload speed.
- Innate Magnetic damage – less effective against Alloy Armor.
- Slow fire rate.
- Projectiles have travel time.
- Shots that are not fully charged will always deal the same damage no matter how close to being fully charged.
- See Category:Velocitus Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Velocitus Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- The Velocitus is the first Archwing weapon whose blueprint is acquired from Clan Research (Tenno Laboratory).
- Can be fired instantly without charging, though it will deal less damage.
- Despite operating like a long range rifle, the Velocitus has no scope or magnification. Combined with projectile travel time, this makes sniping difficult.
- As the Velocitus already deals Magnetic innately, it can accept other combination elemental damage types that use Electric damage as a base. In particular, adding Radiation damage makes the Velocitus highly effective against Corpus spacecraft like the Gox that use both Shields and Robotic armor.
- When strafing fast moving targets, the Velocitus can be fired rapidly akin to a semi-automatic weapon like the Latron. While the resulting shots are less powerful than fully-charged shots, the larger number of shots fired are much better at hitting moving targets.
- Giving the fire key (default ) a secondary binding to the scrollwheel can allow for much faster rates of fire when shooting rapidly.
- The Velocitus is the first weapon that deals Magnetic as its base damage type.
- The Velocitus' name is derived from the word "Velocity". Velocity is the name for the vector: ds/dt, that is the change in position (ds) over the change in time (dt) .. speed in other words.
- When charging the weapon, five hatches emitting flames on the right side of the weapon open up sequentially until the last one is open, denoting a full charge. These hatches close when the weapon is fired.
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|