Ven'kra Tel is a special Grineer Field Boss unit encountered in Orokin Sabotage missions where Grineer are the dominant enemy, who is one of the two units who guard the Void Key necessary to close the Void Portal. She possesses a blue jet pack identical to that used by Hellions that grants her excellent mobility, and can use her Vulkar and other ranged special abilities to engage Tenno from afar.
Ven'kra Tel is always seen with her sister, mini-boss Sprag.
- She has excellent mobility with her jet pack, even more so than Grineer Hellions. She has the ability to curl up in mid-air, then perform a horizontal Tail Wind that will knock players down.
- Although she is noted to be very skilled in doing this maneuver, she will often land on the ground disoriented for a moment afterwards if she is successful in knocking a player down.
- Ven'kra Tel will sometimes fly high into the air and direct a red laser beam at the player. This will summon Grineer reinforcements that will specifically target the player it was aimed at.
- Both Sprag and Ven'kra Tel are immune to damage directed at any part of their bodies other than their jetpacks or heads.
- Neither Ven'kra or Sprag is immune to any kind of knockdown, whether from player abilities or from heavy melee weapons like the Scindo or Fragor, both of which can cause them to ragdoll even when in flight.
- It is advisable to defeat Sprag first before Venk'ra Tel, as the latter's offensive powers are comparatively less than that of the former. Nonetheless, while Ven'kra Tel is less effective at melee range than Sprag, the Grineer reinforcements she can summon can make closing in the gap difficult.
- In later difficulties, it is very much recommended to dispatch Ven'kra Tel first, as she is capable of one-shotting any Warframes with ease.
- Helminth Charger, Sunika and Sahasa Kubrows with their respective finisher abilities Helminth Ferocity, Savagery and Ferocity enable them to strangle either Ven'kra or Sprag if caught, keeping them grounded and preventing them from moving and attacking. This allows for easy shots to the pair's jet packs.
- Inflicting a Radiation proc will turn the sisters on each other. Sprag will usually win the fight and it makes the fight much easier to do. Bring weapons with Radiation builds or innate Radiation weapons like the Detron.
Arriving to BattleEdit
- "Coming through that portal was a big mistake, Tenno."
- "You should have brought more Tenno. You don't have enough."
- "Patience Sprag. Killing requires patience."
- "Sprag, calm down. Remember, you must stay focused."
- "If you're not careful Tenno, my friend will break your back."
- "Sprag... wait for the right moment, then deliver the killing blow."
When Sprag is Defeated FirstEdit
- "What have you done to her!?"
- "She will be remembered! Who will remember you, Tenno?"
- "One by one, that is how you die."
- "Are you willing to die for this key Tenno?"
- Ven'kra often gives Sprag advice and tells her to have patience, and taunts the Tenno with menacing threats, suggesting that Ven'kra is the more experienced and intelligent of the pair.
- Her jetpack counts as her head: killing her via an attack to her jetpack is treated as a headshot.
- Ven'kra Tel, along with Sprag, cannot be Desecrated by Nekros.
- Ven'kra Tel along with Sprag were introduced in Operation Gate Crash, and subsequently implemented as the standard mini boss for Grineer Orokin Sabotage missions in Update 15.0.
- Ven'kra Tel's Codex entry shows her wearing a green jet pack identical to that of the Frontier Hellions.
- Her Vulkar is white. She and Sprag (with her red Manticore) were the first enemies to have weapons with different colors than the default.
- As of Update 18.5 neither Sprag nor Ven'kra Tel can be frozen. However, they can still be slowed with a Cold proc.
- Sprag, Ven'kra Tel's fellow mini boss.
- Operation: Gate Crash, the event in which she is encountered.
|Light||Butcher • Drahk • Flameblade • Guardsman • Hyekka • Powerfist • Scorpion • Shield Lancer|
|Medium||Ballista • Elite Lancer • Eviscerator • Hellion • Lancer • Scorch • Seeker • Trooper|
|Heavy||Bombard • Commander • Drahk Master • Heavy Gunner • Hyekka Master • Manic • |
Napalm • Nox
|Archwing||Dargyn • Dreg • Hellion Dargyn • Lancer Dreg • Shield Dargyn • Shield-Hellion Dargyn • Temporal Dreg • Ogma • Zeplen|
|Submersible||Darek Draga • Draga • Shock Draga • Sikula|
|Miscellaneous||Arc Trap • Eidolon Lure • Latcher • Manic Bombard • Orbital Strike Drone • Propaganda Drone • Power Carrier • Roller (Sentry) • Regulator • Sensor Bar • Sensor Regulator • Target • Tusk Seeker Drone • Warden|
| Balor Fomorian • Captain Vor • Councilor Vay Hek • General Sargas Ruk • Kela De Thaym •|
Lieutenant Lech Kril • The Grustrag Three • Tyl Regor • Ven'kra Tel & Sprag