When shields are hit, Chroma's armor grows stronger, when health takes a hit, weapon damage increases. Active for a limited time, maximum increases correspond to rank.
|Strength:2x / 2.5x / 3x / 3.5x (maximum armor multiplier)|
100% / 125% / 150% / 175% (maximum damage bonus)
|Duration:10 / 15 / 20 / 25 s|
- Chroma enters a state of primal rage, gaining Scorn when shields are hit and Fury when health is damaged. Scorn increases by an additional 0.25% / 0.375% / 0.5% / 0.625% for every point of shields lost and multiplies Chroma's armor by a maximum of 200% / 250% / 300% / 350%. Fury increases by an additional 1% / 1.25% / 1.5% / 1.75% for every point of health lost and causes Chroma to gain a maximum of 100% / 125% / 150% / 175% bonus weapon damage. The effects of Vex Armor last for 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 seconds.
- Scorn, Fury, and conversion percentages are affected by Ability Strength.
- Scorn is a multiplier that affects Chroma's total armor (e.g., with a maxed Steel Fiber and Intensify, Scorn will increase Chroma's total armor to a maximum of 350 × (1 + 1.1) × 3.5 × 1.3 = 3344.25 at rank 3). Scorn is applied after all additive armor bonuses have been accounted for, including the armor bonus from a Cold damage Elemental Ward.
- Scorn is tracked from 0% to its maximum increase in the HUD next to Chroma's shield and health indicators (e.g., with a maxed Intensify, maximum Scorn at rank 3 will have 3.5 × 1.3 − 1 = 355% displayed in the HUD). The displayed percentage is the increase that is currently applied to Chroma's total armor.
- Fury is a multiplicative bonus applied to Chroma's total weapon damage (e.g., with a maxed Intensify and a weapon that inflicts 250 total damage, Fury will increase the weapon's total damage to a maximum of 250 × (1 + 1.75 × 1.3) = 818.75 at rank 3).
- Fury is tracked from 0% to its maximum increase in the HUD next to Chroma's shield and health indicators (e.g., with a maxed Intensify, maximum Fury at rank 3 will have 1.75 × 1.3 = 227.5% displayed in the HUD). The displayed percentage is the increase that is currently applied to Chroma's total weapon damage.
- Scorn and Fury will gradually increase each time shields or health are hit until they reach their maximum percentages. 400 shield points must be lost to maximize Scorn, and 100 health points must be lost to maximize Fury.
- Scorn's conversion percentage uses the following expression when accounting for Ability Strength: Conversion Percentage = 0.25% × (Maximum Scorn × (1 + Ability Strength) − 1). As an example with a maxed Intensify, a rank-3 Vex Armor will have a Scorn conversion percentage equal to 0.0025 × (3.5 × 1.3 − 1) = 0.8875%. If 200 shield points are lost while Vex Armor is active, Scorn will increase by an additional 200 × 0.8875% = 177.5%.
- Fury's conversion percentage uses the following expression when accounting for Ability Strength: Conversion Percentage = 1% × Maximum Fury × (1 + Ability Strength). As an example with a maxed Intensify, a rank-3 Vex Armor will have a Fury conversion percentage equal to 0.01 × 1.75 × 1.3 = 2.275%. If 50 health points are lost while Vex Armor is active, Fury will increase by an additional 50 × 2.275% = 113.75%.
- Scorn does not accumulate when overshields are hit.
- Duration is affected by Ability Duration.
- Vex Armor is a one-handed action. As such, it can be used while performing various maneuvers and actions without interruption.
- Vex Armor cannot be recast while active.
- Casting animation time of 0.75 seconds.
- Main article: Vexing Retaliation
- Explosive self-damaging weapons such as Ogris, Castanas, and Stug can allow you to damage yourself to gain Scorn and Fury while Vex Armor is active.
- Equipping a rank 4 or higher Vigor mod will allow you to maximize Scorn armor bonus without requiring shields to recharge, as well as provide additional health.
- Using an electric element Elemental Ward will allow you to maximize the Scorn armor bonus without having to equip any mods increasing your shields.
Maximization is a form of specialization: mods may be blended to result in values that vary between the top-end limits listed here. Click any maximized link to learn how to build it.
- Maximized Ability Duration increases duration to 76.5 seconds.
- Has no negative effects on this ability.
- Maximized Ability Efficiency reduces cost to 18.75 energy.
- Reduces duration to 10 seconds.
- Maximized Ability Range has no positive effects on this ability.
- Reduces maximum armor multiplier to 1.4x (490 Chroma's armor) and maximum damage multiplier to 1.7x
- Maximized Ability Strength increases maximum armor multiplier to 13.06x (4569.25 Chroma's armor) and maximum damage multiplier to 7.53x
- Without Energy Conversion, increases maximum armor multiplier to 11.31x (3956.75 Chroma's armor) and maximum damage multiplier to 6.65x
- Increases cost to 116.25 energy.
- Reduces duration to 18.13 seconds.
- With Steel Fiber and Armored Agility at max rank increases Chroma's armor to 3123.75.
- Adding Maximized Ability Strength to this increases Chroma's armor to 11651.59.
- Fury buffs added combo elemental damage twice and base combo elemental thrice
- ↑ https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/431756-sci-ants-comprehensive-chroma-armor-build-guide-in-depth-with-calculations-and-results/