When shields are hit, Chroma's armor grows stronger, when health takes a hit, weapon damage increases. Active for a limited time, maximum increases correspond to rank.
|Strength:200% / 250% / 300% / 350% (maximum armor bonus)|
200% / 225% / 250% / 275% (maximum damage bonus)
|Duration:10 / 15 / 20 / 25 s|
|Range:8 / 10 / 15 / 18 m|
- Chroma enters a state of primal rage, gaining Scorn when shields are hit and Fury when health is damaged.
- Scorn increases by an additional 0.5% / 0.625% / 0.75% / 0.875% for every point of shields lost and increases Chroma's armor by a maximum of 200% / 250% / 300% / 350%.
- Fury increases by an additional 2% / 2.25% / 2.5% / 2.75% for every point of health lost and causes Chroma to gain a maximum of 200% / 225% / 250% / 275% bonus weapon damage.
- Scorn, Fury, and conversion percentages are linearly affected by Ability Strength.
- Scorn and Fury are additive bonuses stacking with the Warframe's Armor and Weapon's Damage mods respectively.
- E.g., with Intensify, Steel Fiber and maximum Scorn at rank 3, Chroma's Ferrite Armor will be at 350 × (1 + 1.1 + 3.5 × (1 + 0.3)) = 2327.5 (instead of 735 without the ability).
- E.g., with Intensify, Serration and maximum Fury at rank 3, a weapon with 100 base damage will be at 100 × (1 + 1.65 + 2.75 × (1 + 0.3)) = 622.5 damage (instead of 265 without the ability).
- Scorn and Fury are tracked from 0% to their maximum increase in the HUD next to Chroma's shield and health indicators.
- Scorn and Fury will gradually increase each time shields or health are hit until they reach their maximum percentages. 400 shield points must be lost to maximize Scorn, and 100 health points must be lost to maximize Fury.
- Scorn even accumulates when overshields are hit.
- The effects of Vex Armor last for 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 seconds.
- Besides the user the buffs also affect allies within a radius of 8 / 10 / 15 / 18 m.
- Vex Armor is a one-handed action. As such, it can be used while performing various maneuvers and actions without interruption.
- Vex Armor can be recast while active.
- Casting animation time of 0.75 seconds.
- Main article: Vexing Retaliation
- Explosive self-damaging weapons such as Ogris, Castanas, and Stug can allow you to damage yourself to gain Scorn and Fury while Vex Armor is active.
- Equipping a rank 4 or higher Vigor mod will allow you to maximize Scorn armor bonus without requiring shields to recharge, as well as provide additional health.
- Using an electric element Elemental Ward will allow you to maximize the Scorn armor bonus without having to equip any mods increasing your shields.
Maximization is a form of specialization: mods may be blended to result in values that vary between the top-end limits listed here. Click any maximized link to learn how to build it.
- Maximized Ability Duration increases duration to 76.5 seconds.
- Reduces range to 6.12 meters.
- Maximized Ability Efficiency reduces cost to 18.75 energy.
- Reduces duration to 10 seconds.
- Maximized Ability Range increases range to 50.4 meters.
- Reduces maximum armor multiplier to 1.4x (490 Chroma's armor) and maximum damage bonus to 71%
- Maximized Ability Strength increases maximum armor multiplier to 13.06x (4569.25 Chroma's armor) and maximum damage bonus to 653.75%
- Without Energy Conversion, increases maximum armor multiplier to 11.31x (3956.75 Chroma's armor) and maximum damage bonus to 566.25%
- Increases cost to 116.25 energy.
- Reduces duration to 18.13 seconds.
- With Steel Fiber and Armored Agility at max rank increases Chroma's armor to 3123.75.
- Adding Maximized Ability Strength to this increases Chroma's armor to 11651.59.