Creates a whirling mass of energy that violently attracts nearby enemies, crushing their atoms into a tiny spec of matter.
2x (initial damage multiplier)
15 (contact damage)
|Duration:6 / 8 / 10 / 12 s|
- Vauban releases a device that creates a powerful force of attraction. On contact with an enemy, the device will deal 15 Blast damage. Enemies within 8.5 meters of the device will be violently drawn to it over a duration of 6 / 8 / 10 / 12 seconds, and each enemy will be dealt 50 Magnetic damage per second. Damage ticks occur at a rate of 4 per second. When the device activates, the initial damage tick will also be multiplied by 200%.
- Initial damage multiplier and contact damage are affected by Power Strength, and the contact damage can be increased by body-part multipliers.
- Each tick of damage has a moderate status chance. Enemies affected by the status effect will have their shields reduced by 75% for 4 seconds.
- Enemies are ragdolled as they're pulled in, and the damage decreases with distance.
- Power strength may affect the value of each damage tick. However, the rate at which ticks occur will adjust accordingly in order to maintain Vortex's damage per second.
- For more information about the contact damage, see this blog and this follow-up.
- Duration is affected by Power Duration.
- Attraction radius is affected by Power Range.
- The value of the attraction radius appears to be determined by multiplying power range's bonus by 0.5 before adding it to the base value (e.g., with +60% power range, Vortex will have an attraction radius of 8.5*(1 + 0.6*0.5) = 11.05 meters). This requires further testing.
- The device will deploy on the first surface it makes contact with and will hover approximately one meter perpendicular to the surface.
- Vortex will not affect most Bosses.
- Dead bodies will be attracted, leaving only the loot that was drawn into the nexus.
- Enemies that remain within Vortex's nexus for an extended period of time may implode. Imploded enemies will not yield any loot or affinity.
- Can be used while performing many actions without interrupting them, including reloading.
- Can be cast multiple times while active.
- Conclave rating: 50 / 50 / 70 / 90.
- Can be used to collect resource and ammo drops to where the Vortex is placed.
- Vortex appears from a ball that Vauban throws. You can aim at where he throws it at.
- Many enemies sucked into the center of the Vortex are considered to be in a prone position if attacked in melee, resulting in a ground finisher. Multiple enemies can be hit or killed by a single ground finisher to the center of the Vortex.
Maximization is a form of specialization: mods may be blended to result in values that vary between the top-end limits listed here. Click any maximized link to learn how to build it.
- Maximized Power Duration increases duration to 30.84 seconds.
- Reduces attraction radius to ~5.7 meters.
- Maximized Power Efficiency reduces cost to 25 energy.
- Reduces duration to 4.8 seconds.
- Maximized Power Range increases attraction radius to ~14.2 meters.
- Reduces initial damage multiplier to 80% and contact damage to 6.
- Maximized Power Strength increases initial damage multiplier to 458% and contact damage to 34.35.
- Increases cost to 155 energy.
- Initial activation will tug players for a fraction of a second, and players near vortex's AoE will have a decrease in slide attack boost speed.
- Sometimes pulls players in for the full duration.
- Jump kicking into Vortex will cause the player to rise exponentially.