Creates a whirling mass of energy that violently attracts nearby enemies, crushing their atoms into a tiny spec of matter.
2x (initial damage multiplier)
15 (contact damage)
|Duration:6 / 8 / 10 / 12 s|
- Vauban releases a device that creates a powerful force of attraction. On contact with an enemy, the device will deal 15 Blast damage. Enemies within 8.5 meters of the device will be violently drawn to it over a duration of 6 / 8 / 10 / 12 seconds, and each enemy will be dealt 50 Magnetic damage per second. Damage ticks occur at a rate of 4 per second. When the device activates, the initial damage tick will also be multiplied by 200%.
- Initial damage multiplier and contact damage are affected by Power Strength, and the contact damage can be increased by body-part multipliers.
- Each tick of damage has a moderate status chance. Enemies affected by the status effect will have their shields reduced by 75% for 4 seconds.
- Enemies are ragdolled as they're pulled in, and the damage decreases with distance.
- Some enemies will simply be knocked down repeatedly, as they will get up while in vortex only to be knocked down again. In rare cases, enemies can use abilities or fire their weapon in the brief moment they are getting up.
- Power strength may affect the value of each damage tick. However, the rate at which ticks occur will adjust accordingly in order to maintain Vortex's damage per second.
- Vortex will not take priority over Bastille; Enemies currently held up in Bastille's field will be pulled towards the vortex, but will not leave bastille or be ragdolled.
- Duration is affected by Power Duration.
- Attraction radius is affected by Power Range.
- The value of the attraction radius appears to be determined by multiplying power range's bonus by 0.5 before adding it to the base value (e.g., with +60% power range, Vortex will have an attraction radius of 8.5*(1 + 0.6*0.5) = 11.05 meters). This requires further testing.
- The device will deploy on the first surface it makes contact with and will hover approximately one meter perpendicular to the surface.
- Vortex will not affect most Bosses.
- Dead bodies will be attracted, leaving only the loot that was drawn into the nexus.
- Enemies that remain within Vortex's nexus for an extended period of time may implode. Imploded enemies will not yield any loot or affinity.
- Can be used while performing many actions without interrupting them, including reloading.
- Can be cast multiple times while active.
- Can be used to collect resource and ammo drops to where the Vortex is placed.
- Vortex appears from a ball that Vauban throws. You can aim at where he throws it at.
- Many enemies sucked into the center of the Vortex are considered to be in a prone position if attacked in melee, resulting in a ground finisher. Multiple enemies can be hit or killed by a single ground finisher to the center of the Vortex.
- Due to enemies often being very close to each other, Electric procs are very effective, as they will create large chains of damage. In some cases, Teslas can be thrown down to allow procs that kill enemies quicker than either power on it's own.
Maximization is a form of specialization: mods may be blended to result in values that vary between the top-end limits listed here. Click any maximized link to learn how to build it.
- Maximized Power Duration increases duration to 30.84 seconds.
- Reduces attraction radius to ~5.7 meters.
- Maximized Power Efficiency reduces cost to 25 energy.
- Reduces duration to 4.8 seconds.
- Maximized Power Range increases attraction radius to ~14.2 meters.
- Reduces initial damage multiplier to 80% and contact damage to 6.
- Maximized Power Strength increases initial damage multiplier to 458% and contact damage to 34.35.
- Increases cost to 155 energy.
- Initial activation will tug players for a fraction of a second, and players near vortex's AoE will have a decrease in slide attack boost speed.
- Sometimes pulls players in for the full duration.
- Jump kicking into Vortex will cause the player to rise exponentially.