|Vortex||Energy: 100||Power #: 4|
|Creates a whirling mass of energy that violently attracts nearby enemies, crushing their atoms into a tiny spec of matter.|
| Equip Cost: |
10 / 11 / 12 / 13
| Power Strength: |
X / X / X / 13 (damage tick)
2x (initial damage multiplier)
15 (contact damage)
| Power Range: |
| Power Duration: |
6 / 8 / 10 / 12 s
- Deals on average 13
- Similar to Vauban's other abilities, the grenade inflicts 15 Power Strength.
- When Vortex is activated, 200% damage is inflicted on the first tick. This multiplier is also affected by Power Strength.
- The continuous damage thereafter is not affected by Power Strength.
- Each tick of damage has a moderate status chance. Enemies have a good chance to have 75% of their shields reduced for Vortex's duration.
- Vortex will not affect most bosses.
- Vortex will suck up dead bodies, leaving only the loot that was drawn into the Vortex.
- Vortex can still be used even while doing many other actions without interrupting them, including while reloading.
- Initial activation will tug players for a fraction of a second, and players near vortex's AoE will have a decrease in slide attack boost speed.
- Sometimes pulls players in for the full duration.
- Jump kicking into Vortex will cause the player to rise exponentially.
- Can be used to collect resource and ammo drops to where the Vortex is placed.
- Vortex appears from a ball that Vauban throws. You can aim at where he throws it at.
Maximization is a form of specialization: mods may be blended to result in values that vary between the top-end limits listed here. Click any maximized link to learn how to build it.
- Maximized Power Duration increases duration to 30.8 seconds.
- Has no negative effect on this ability.
- Maximized Power Efficiency reduces cost to 25 energy.
- Reduces duration to 4.8 seconds.
- Maximized Power Range has no positive effect on this ability.
- Reduces activation damage multiplier to 80%, and grenade damage on impact to 6.
- Maximized Power Strength increases activation damage multiplier to 458%, and grenade damage on impact to 34.4.
- Increases cost to 155 energy.