|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 225||Blueprints:20,000|
This weapon deals primarily Impact damage.
- High Impact damage - effective against shields.
- High critical chance.
- Tied with Lanka and Vulkar Wraith for second highest status chance of all sniper rifles, behind the Vectis and Vectis Prime.
- Pinpoint accuracy while aiming; shots will hit exactly on the reticle dot, perfect for headshots.
- Low recoil.
- Staggers most enemies with every hit.
- High zoom capabilities.
- Zooming in increases headshot damage by +35% at 2.5x zoom, +55% at 4x zoom or +70% at 8x zoom.
- Can use the Vulkar-exclusive Lasting Purity mod, significantly increasing its scoped-in damage.
- Low Puncture and Slash damage - less effective against armor and health.
- Tied with Vulkar Wraith for lowest critical chance of all sniper rifles.
- Slow reload speed.
- Rifle scope is ineffective in dark areas and at close range.
- Draws from the rare sniper ammo pool.
- Inaccurate when fired from the hip, bullets may widely spread when fired.
- Purity effect from Lasting Purity causes a screen shake, disrupting aiming.
- Vulkar, compared to Vulkar Wraith:
- See Category:Vulkar Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Vulkar Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- The Vulkar has the second longest shot combo reset time of the sniper rifles at 5 seconds, thus it can maintain its shot combo after reloading.
- It needs only 2 shots to initiate the shot combo counter's 1.5x damage bonus, allowing it to attain 2.0x bonus damage if all rounds of its magazine hit.
- The Vulkar, alongside the Snipetron, has the smallest minimum zoom magnification of the sniper rifles, with its minimum zoom having only 2.5x magnification. This makes the Vulkar more effective at shooting at closer range than other sniper rifles.
- Use a short-ranged sidearm to compensate for closer targets.
- Try to aim for the head or other vulnerable points only, take your time. Spraying and praying with this weapon does not work well, as with all snipers.
- Adding a maxed rank Wildfire will give the Vulkar 1 extra bullet, while a maxed rank Magazine Warp will add 2 extra shots. A maxed Tainted Mag will add 4 shots, and all of these mods will total up in a magazine capacity of 13.
- Maxed Point Strike and Vital Sense mods work well with this weapon because of its good critical chance and damage.
- Use the Sniper Ammo Mutation mod to greatly relieve the low total ammo or Sniper Scavenger to increase the amount of sniper rifle ammo picked up.
- Rupture or Crash Course are the most effective physical mods to use, as they increase Vulkar's already decent Impact damage further. In combination they will grant a total of +150% Impact damage.
- Heavy Caliber can be used on the Vulkar with little noticeable effect on its long-range accuracy, as its slow rate of fire ensures that its shots will always land on its crosshair. Heavy Caliber will affect the spread of additional bullets created by Split Chamber however.
- It seems the Vulkar is based-off the name "Vulcan", the god of fire, the forge and the volcanoes in Roman mythology.
- Ballistas, the Grineer sniper units that use this weapon.
- Lasting Purity, a Vulkar exclusive Syndicate mod.
- Vulkar Deal Pack, a removed bundle featuring the Vulkar exclusively.