“You're not supposed to be in here! You're going to ruin the surprise!”This article contains spoilers about the game's lore.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price: N/A|
- The War's blueprint can be found as a random drop after defeating the Shadow Stalker.
- War can be bought as part of the Hunhow's Gift bundle in order to bypass the Mastery Rank Requirement.
This weapon deals primarily Impact damage.
- Tied with Heliocor for third highest base damage of all melee weapons.
- Comes with a polarity.
- Innate, guaranteed Impact proc.
- High status chance.
- High critical chance.
- Stance slot has polarity, matches Cleaving Whirlwind and Tempo Royale stances.
- Low Puncture and Slash damage – less effective against armor and health.
- Lower than average attack speed.
- See Category:War Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:War Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- When not channeling War's attack, it will remain without the energy that surrounds it.
- If not used after activation, the energy will fade out after a few seconds.
- Noticed after Specters of the Rail U2, War will glow after landing a kill for a few seconds.
- The energy "spark" given off by the center piece of the blade will vary in color from your primary weapon's energy color.
- The blade's energy color has 2 energy colors. The primary can be changed from the blade's appearance menu whereas the second energy color can be changed from the attachments menu.
- Despite its immense size, especially with its channeling effects active, this weapon's reach is no larger than that of the Galatine.
- In the Second Dream quest, War was not only the sword that the Stalker used, but also housed the consciousness of the Sentient Hunhow. The War would be shattered in two during the climax of the quest, creating the Broken War sword, which is simply the broken off piece re-purposed as a weapon.
- This weapon, along with the Broken War is the first Sentient weapon available to players.
- The pommel of this weapon is similar in shape and design to the Hunhow Sentinel Mask
- The name "War" can be a reference to the biblical Horsemen of the Apocalypse. The horseman of the red horse is charged with bringing war and slaughter, and is given a great sword.
- Occasionally the glowing core's energy color will not change with the weapon and instead continue to use a previous energy color used.
- Broken War, the smaller, longsword version of this weapon.
- Shadow Stalker, the only known user of this weapon